Questions regarding creation of a complex deck

David

08 Nov, 2015 04:32 PM

Hello,

I originally posted this in another subforum (https://anki.tenderapp.com/discussions/effective-learning/728-korean-idea-for-an-efficient-method-and-qestions-about-how-to-implement-it), so if cross-posting is not permitted, I'm sorry and would be thankful if my original thread could be removed, since I think that my questions rather belongs to this section (as it's all about implementation issues).

I want to use Anki for creating, using and sharing an efficient method to learn Korean vocabulary, which I think would be particularly suitable for memorizing Sino-Korean words (Korean words which are usually written using the Korean Hangeul alphabet, but which in fact consists of Chinese characters). In my opinion the detailed analysis of such words and of the Chinese characters in respective would be a great mnemonic help for learners.

However, I find it not easy to get along with the Anki/LaTeX code for creating complex card templates, especially when dealing with boxes, which should be filled with fields (including the aspect of their appropriate sizes and the width of their borders).

Is anyone here, who is experienced with such tasks, and who could therefore create a template corresponding to the layout I created and attached to this post?

I would be more grateful, if anyone would be willing to do so, and since I intend to create many cards distributed in a reasoned order of decks covering a huge range of topics, which I would like to share with anyone who wants to study Korean, I'm sure that a lot of other people would appreciate this as well.

Thanks in advance and best wishes

David

1. 1 Posted by Soren Bjornstad on 09 Nov, 2015 01:30 PM

I'm actually going to suggest that this stay in the Effective Learning forum -- this is not something we provide official support for, and there are probably more other users who read that category than this one.

2. 2 Posted by David on 09 Nov, 2015 06:07 PM

May I ask to which aspect you refer by saying "not officially being supported"? Why can this card layout not be realized using the LaTeX/Anki language?

3. 3 Posted by Soren Bjornstad on 09 Nov, 2015 07:32 PM

Sorry for the confusion -- by "provide official support for," I don't mean that Anki is not supposed to be able to do it, just that it is outside the scope of what we can walk users through on this forum.

4. 4 Posted by David on 10 Nov, 2015 01:29 PM

That's right of course, I see that point.

However, could anyone tell me how to realize a card layout where (Chinese) characters would be bordered by a box/frame in the appropriate size?

5. 5 Posted by chrono on 10 Nov, 2015 05:44 PM

You can use a lot of fields and some html + css code (something like in attached deck) :)

PS: HTML5 audio/video works in PyQt (but for video/audio in Windows is needed PyQt5)

6. 6 Posted by David on 11 Nov, 2015 02:10 PM

@chrono Wow, thanks a lot! This will example will surely be helpful for me for the realization of my idea. Since I have almost no experience with Anki Flashcard for Android and don't know about its capabilities: Would one be able to import a deck containing such html/css stuff and work with it using the Android version?

7. System closed this discussion on 22 Feb, 2016 11:49 PM.

8. Damien Elmes re-opened this discussion on 23 Feb, 2016 10:50 PM

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac