Outsourcing card creation

Trent Fowler

24 Sep, 2015 02:45 PM

I have what may be kind of a weird question.

What would you guys, the Anki community, charge to make cards for someone else?

Say I read a dense book on communist history and make careful notes as I go, then send you the book (or PDF or whatever) and have you make cards using those notes, what hourly rate would that be worth?

I love Anki and the science it's based on, but simply read too much too fast to spend the hours required to Anki-ize the process.

Thanks,

-Trent

1. 1 Posted by Ank.U on 02 Oct, 2015 06:31 PM

I don't think this will would work if the person making the cards isn't familiar with content because they wouldn't know what needs to tested. Imagine if someone sent you a neurology book with their notes and asked you to make cards for them, or make a final exam from it. You probably wouldn't understand most of the content, so it would difficult to create flash cards from it. For someone to make the flash cards from your notes, at a minimum, they would need to be familiar with the content.

I remember seeing a site that offered professionally made flash cards for various topics (eg. medicine) in large quantities (eg. 10000/topic). I think something like this would be what your're looking for, except that it doesn't include your personal notes. If you need the link, I can try to find it again.

2. System closed this discussion on 22 Feb, 2016 11:48 PM.

3. Damien Elmes re-opened this discussion on 23 Feb, 2016 10:50 PM

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac