Suggestion: card tags

Ogy

23 Sep, 2015 12:38 PM

First off, I love working with Anki. Still getting to know it more and more every time. I'm learning how to work with html by making decks which is very nice.

What I would think could be nice is to be able to create a custom deck of a certain kind of card per deck.
The way I think this would be able if Anki would automatically make a tag when a card is created.

I don't mean that for every card there has to be a tag but I'm thinking of the principle used in changing the lay-out of a card in the middle window of the card-editing window.
For example:
.card1, .card2, etc...

What I meant was that per deck you will probably have a certain amount of cards and every card has its own card number so tags like 'Card1' or 'Card2' would be an obvious way to make custom decks using only the card-type that reflects with the first or second card of the used deck.
This could happen automatically.

If there are no more than 5 cards in all of your installed decks then you won't have more than five 'card-tags' in the tag-list. If you suddenly create one with 10 cards then you would have 10 tags. To know which number belongs to which card per deck you would just have to open the edit-window (of the deck you want to use/customize) and look at how the cards are organized and pick out the ones you want to custom learn.

I don't know anything about reprogramming but this is a feature I would vote for making it able to more personally organize your learning while still being able to have all the card-types ready when you need them.
This doesn't sound like a very big update to me but then again I don't know anything about programming!

1. System closed this discussion on 22 Feb, 2016 11:48 PM.

2. Damien Elmes re-opened this discussion on 23 Feb, 2016 10:50 PM

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac