Custom interval buttons?

Skoot

17 Sep, 2015 05:12 PM

I understand how all of the timing works, but I'd like to have something a little simpler for re-scheduling... a "manual mode", if you will.

I'd like to be able to create my own interval buttons that are always the same for every card instead of being presented with interval choices based on a time-dependent calculation.

That way, I can decide when I see the card again, instead of being presented with choices that I may not like. For example: I may want to see a card again tomorrow, but my only choices after revealing the back are 10 minutes, 5 days, 20 days, 30 days.

I just want to always have the following buttons:
10 minutes, 1 hour, 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month

Ideally, these would be customizable so that people could set them up however they'd like

I know this goes against the whole philosophy of using an algorithm to determine the "ideal" time to review something, but I've been studying for years (a few of which I've used Anki for) and I'm comfortable making that decision on my own... I know if I need to see something again tomorrow.

I've searched for an answer to this but found none. I'm hoping it already exists. If not, I'd like to submit it as a feature suggestion for future releases.

1. 1 Posted by Vit on 29 Oct, 2015 08:02 PM

Hi

I just want to always have the following buttons: 10 minutes, 1 hour, 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month

Have you tried (a method i am using ):
    creating many ( 5 ) Option_Groups (OG) ?

For New cards:
    OG-1: Steps 10 60
    OG-2: Steps: 1440, Grad Interval = 2d, Easy = 3d
    OG-3: Steps: 10000, Grad Interval = 14d, Easy = 30d

Lapses Tab:
    to follow - if like the approach.

2. System closed this discussion on 22 Feb, 2016 11:48 PM.

3. Damien Elmes re-opened this discussion on 23 Feb, 2016 10:50 PM

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac