the same delay of hard and good answer

sabayon11

13 Sep, 2015 05:01 PM

I have plenty of notes that have the same delay for hard and good. Possible reason is that I had a long break in learning from this deck, I am not sure. As I wanted to make up for lost time I set the interval modifier to 15%. Anyway, is there any way, add-on that I will let me spread the reviews more, I mean set "hard" to appear earlier?
I know that there is Reschedule option but doing it manually for a few hundred of notes is not the best solution.

1. 1 Posted by Vit on 12 Oct, 2015 03:06 AM

Hi.

I have plenty of notes that have the same delay for hard and good. Possible reason is that I had a long break in learning from this deck, I am not sure.

Your guess is valid; the Interval formulas for Overdue cards may cause that.

As I wanted to make up for lost time I set the interval modifier to 15%.

That would produce the opposite effect; did you mean 115% ?

Anyway, is there any way, ...to set "hard" to appear earlier?

Only if Damien makes the formulas to calculate Intervals as User def Options but i do not even dare to suggest that.

Another option ( this one will be in future releases ) - different Maximums for Good Hard Easy.

But I am puzzled with your intent. Here is my thinking:
    If you know the card, you press Good and feel proud that you remember the card after 11 mo;
    if you failed, you press Again and let Anki to calculate the next intervals based on your input - which is 5 minutes ( are you learniing any Asian lang or the String theory ? ). :-)

FYI: according to SuperMemo, you stay with new ( smaller ) intervals until you answer 'Good' 3 times. - there is a proven reason for that.

Reschedule option ... for a few hundred of notes is not the best solution.

I group 20 cards (20 is convenient - they fit the screen ) by their Interval ( next to the Last one before i failed the card ) and Reschedule them forward en masse.

2. System closed this discussion on 22 Feb, 2016 11:54 PM.

3. Damien Elmes re-opened this discussion on 23 Feb, 2016 10:50 PM

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac