Anki inconviniently adds new reversed cards at the end of the deck

Kian

04 Sep, 2015 04:13 PM

Hi,
I am trying to learn Hebrew from a book called Hebrew from scratch. I downloaded anki deck of this book Hebrew from scratch lessons 1-28:
https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/211510500

The notes in this deck have only one card (front = Hebrew, back = English ). I modified the notes and added reversed cards. What I am aiming for is that Anki asks me Hebrew side one day, and English side of the *same* note the day after.
But Unfortunately the Anki is only asking me the Hebrew side. I am suspecting that the reversed cards are added to the end of the deck and therefore Anki will not ask me those until I am finished with learning the front side cards.

It crossed my mind that I should reset card times using this add on: https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1348853407
But the problem is that the deck that I have downloaded is ordered by lessons and I want to learn easy words first I do not want to completely destroy the order but rather I want the reversed cards to be asked the day after the front cards of the same note.

Does anyone know what I should do?

1. 1 Posted by Vit on 08 Sep, 2015 02:55 AM

Short answer: Reposition.

I tested the following process and it worked.
    Here is the Summary; all the details are avail upon request.

1 Sort ALL Forward and Reverse cards by the 'Sort field' column.
    2 Reposition:
               Start: not Zero; Step: 1 or more.
    3 Learn the first batch of New Forward cards.
    4 After you graduated some Forward cards, wait 1-2 hours and Unbury Reverse cards ( only the Graduated cards will unbury ).
    5 Studying Reverse cards on the same day - was very beneficial for me.

2. 2 Posted by kian on 08 Sep, 2015 08:18 AM

Thanks vit for your answer. may I request for more details? particularly in step 2 how do I reposition the cards? what's is start: not zero, step 1?
    Best regards

3. 3 Posted by Kian on 08 Sep, 2015 11:33 AM

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac