Chemistry cycles, Image Occlusion

Dani

19 Aug, 2015 12:41 PM

Hi,

after I got really great results with anki in physical chemistry (mostly mathematics and diagramms -> latex), I wanted to learn the other modules with Anki, too. But at that time, image occlussion didn't exist and gave up. But now it exists and is really helpful, but I'm wondering, which is the most elegant version for learning cycles and synthesis (especially cycles).

In http://tmbb.bitbucket.org/image-occlusion-2.html he/she say's that for cycles, you should better use overlapping.

But the format of my exams is like this: Draw the whole krebs cyclus (the text is a little bit more complex in the exam, but the core question is like this).

I used non-overlapping, especially since I have more than one cycle in my deck and to have it more in the format of my exams.
But I was wondering, if it is possible, to do this in one go with image occlusion:

1. A normal basic card with image occlusion, where the text "Krebs cycle" (e. g. Krebs cycle) is shown and on the other side, the whole Krebs cycle + having cards of the krebs cycle with overlapping. Because every time, I changed something in the notes cards, it went back to original after a restart of anki. So what I'm saying is: Making cards of the cylce with overlapping and one extra card, in which it show on one side the text and on the other the whole krebs cycle in one go. I know it can be done manual, but maybe it exists.

2. Or is it better to have non-overlapping cards? But then: I need it in an order. Is there a possibility with custom decks and if yes, how?

3. For synthesis: Is it better to use non-overlapping or overlapping, because if use overlapping for e.g. the second compound of a three-reaction synthesis, I can see the first and last compound and with the help of this two compouns get the middle compound (it's a bit like a hint, especially because of seeing the last compound). Or should I make two cards, like this: Substance 1 + Substance 2 -> Product 1 (1. Card) and Product 1 + Substance 3 -> Product 2.

Thanks for the help.

This discussion was closed! See this FAQ for more information:

1. Sounds/images are not appearing on AnkiWeb or the mobile clients

If you created your deck by importing from a text file, or you downloaded a shared deck that was created in that way, it's possible the filenames in Anki do not match the filenames on the computer. Some computers treat "file.jpg", "file.JPG" and "FILE.JPG" all as the same file, but other computers do not. This means that if the deck contains a reference to "dog.jpg" but the file on disk is "dog.JP...

See more..

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac