Faster Learning Curve

Diego

28 Jul, 2015 11:39 PM

Hello,

I am using Anki for the 2015 MCAT and just started making flashcards last week. I decided to use Anki because I would forget detailed information I studied earlier. In reviewing my cards though, I am not going them as quickly as people have reported. I studied the do's and don'ts of what beginner Anki users do. I would consider myself an intelligent person, but it is a lot complex information. Currently, I have the review card count at 20 cards per day. Any suggestions?

I am going off the Anki-Essentials recommendations.

1. 1 Posted by etapley on 30 Jul, 2015 02:49 PM

Do you mean you're not going through cards at a fast rate—you'd like to cover more cards per minute? Or that you fail a card lots of times before you start getting it right?

2. 2 Posted by Diego Herrera on 31 Jul, 2015 01:12 AM

I am failing at cards a lot.

3. 3 Posted by Diego Herrera on 31 Jul, 2015 01:13 AM

I am using cloze deletion cards and occlusion 2.0 cards

4. 4 Posted by Glob on 31 Jul, 2015 04:12 AM

Have you tried browsing through Wozniak's 20 rules? (http://www.supermemo.com/articles/20rules.htm), I've use mnemonics even before I knew Anki, and they're really effective, you might want to add a mnemonic field for really complex information so you won't forget your mnemonics. Also, have you tinkered with the settings of Image Occlusion? The difference between non- and overlapping cards can be stark, depending on what you're studying.

5. 5 Posted by Diego Herrera on 31 Jul, 2015 07:40 AM

Thanks for the link. I am studying for the MCAT and the endocrine system
    is pretty deep.

6. System closed this discussion on 22 Feb, 2016 11:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac