New feature: statistic for overall workload

Hans

07 Jul, 2015 07:27 AM

Hi,

I would be interested in a statistic that shows me, if at my current learning speed and considering the number of new cards I learn each day I manage to maintain the average future workload or if increases or decreases. The number of cards I do each day does not seem to be sufficiently accurate for this purpose as it depends on the full past, not on what I do today.

I have an idea for a solution: a statistic / graph that shows for each day of the past the sum of the intervals till due date for each card. Example: On 12/24/2014 I had only three learned cards in my day, card 1 being due today (0 days), card 2 on 12/31/2014 (7 days) and card 3 on 01/24/2015 (31 days). Then the statistics for this day would show 38 days. Then I learn card 1 and it will be due again on 12/27/2014. The next day the counter will count 2 days for card 1, 6 for card 2, 30 for card 3, in total 37. Of course in this simple example the counter adds not much value. But if I have 6000 cards and each of them "moves closer" each day (counter reduces by 6000) and by learning I can only push learned cards 4000 days into the future (overall the counter will still by negative by 2000) then I will know that I should either be willing to study more time each day in the future or reduce my number of new cards till the counter is stable again or increasing.

What do you think? Does this make sense? Do you have an alternative solution?

Thanks and best regards,

Hans

1. 1 Posted by Hans on 21 Jul, 2015 07:20 AM

Hi,

Nobody with an answer or opinion on this? Not even an opinion, why my proposal does not make sense / is not useful?

Best regards,

Hans

2. 2 Posted by Aleksej on 21 Jul, 2015 10:46 AM

Maybe it's hard to understand. You could add some pictures or split the text into more paragraphs and lists.

3. 3 Posted by etapley on 24 Jul, 2015 02:10 PM

It took me some time to figure out what you want. You're saying that the total number of days that your cards are pushed out each day should be greater than the number of active cards in your deck, if you don't want to increase study time in the future. Do I understand?

I haven't thought this through enough to understand thoroughly what this number would indicate, but I'm not sure why a single day's answer would tell you much. I have a deck with 5000 cards. The intervals range from a few days to more than 15 years. When I look at the cards due for the next month, I find some days with 2 mature cards due, and others with 12. Although it is clear that over time my interval-day total is increasing (since it doesn't take a lot of 15-year intervals to offset the daily loss of 5000 interval days), there will certainly be days when I will push cards out for much less than 5000 days total (when that two-card day happens to contain cards due fairly soon).

This is an interesting statistic that hadn't occurred to me. I may think about this some more, if only because it's giving my brain a good workout. :-)

4. System closed this discussion on 23 Feb, 2016 12:21 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac