Mental Stimulants

User 120

31 Jan, 2015 08:41 PM

I've posted a similar thread before, but this one will focus just on things that one can consume to keep focused on studying. Exercise, techniques, etc have already been discussed. I smoked pot for a brief period many years ago, and along with habitual laziness and entertainments, it completely ruined my ability to study anything. Limiting to what is legal and available (and not long term stuff like vitamins and fish oil), what has been particularly useful to anyone? I suspect many stories of coffee and many who will insist to tell about their diet, exercise, sleep, and habits (despite the exclusion), but maybe some particularly useful things exist. I took anti-depressants for a short time (before Anki) and I can't say that they were too bad, but that is not in general applicable as it requires a prescription.

1. 1 Posted by frostschutz on 03 Feb, 2015 11:31 PM

Chocolate works well... ;)

But it has some side effects. :(

2. 2 Posted by Phil on 11 Feb, 2015 12:59 PM

The best thing out there is Zazen, meditation. 20minutes of Anki repetitions x 10m of meditation. You will be able to remain focused all day long.

Coming from a guy that has used everything, from provigil to aderall.

3. 3 Posted by ZapBeeb on 12 Feb, 2015 01:36 PM

Do you mean meditating every 20 minutes of anki, or just once a day?

I think you can find some information on nootropic supplements on examine.com, Tough last time i checked i don't remember finding anything really compelling.

But, if you find something well... anki could benefit from it or being a test.
    Just take whatever snake oil you are told is good and check the statistics to see if it works.
    Of course there should be some form of control group, or blind test.

4. System closed this discussion on 22 Feb, 2016 11:42 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac