How I can the card's creation time not only the date of creation plz help

mohammed.saiyedahmad

11 Feb, 2019 09:09 PM

Hello, I'm using anki for my medical school, I want to ask you that in browse I can see the creation date of a card but i cant see the time it was created, please any help ?

1. 1 Posted by Vit on 11 Feb, 2019 09:40 PM

Add-on "Dynamic tags" has a field "@Birthday" which can be shown on the card.

2. 2 Posted by mohammed.saiyed... on 11 Feb, 2019 09:52 PM

I have anki 2.1.8 and Dynamic tags is for old versions plz any help

3. 3 Posted by mohammed.saiyed... on 11 Feb, 2019 10:53 PM

I tried Dynamic Tags now, i downgrade anki to 2.0.x and the addon only shows the date not the time. Please is there any way that i can see the time i created the card (hour:minute:second) please i need this any help

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Damien Elmes on 12 Feb, 2019 02:55 AM

Sorry, Anki doesn't have a built in feature to do this. What do you need it for?

5. 5 Posted by mohammed.saiyed... on 12 Feb, 2019 04:54 AM

Thanks sir for your reply, it's hard to explain but i'll do my best.
    In medical school we get the materials on notes like powerpoint slides, and we got the material for specific subject step by step.
    Now in anki i wrote the cards from the notes, and now i discovered that a specific subject that i added few days ago needs additional cards to explain it, so what i want now is any additional card i need it at the same date and time as that card was written, so I can change the date and time to just immediately after that card was added, so the additional informations will follow that card directly, and now i can sort the cards by date and time so i can reschedule it and study it from the beginning
    I hope u understand me, and thanks again for your reply and I really need this feature because everytime we need to add more info because the medicine never ends, and i took anki as my primary source of studying so i need it alot, and i have an exam in one month please help sir

6. 6 Posted by mohammed.saiyed... on 12 Feb, 2019 05:01 AM

It's like i have subject x, for subject x I wrote y Cards.
    Then I discovered that y cards is not enough for subject x, so I need more cards than y cards for that subject. but the problem that this y cards i added few days ago and after it I added many cards on other subjects so what is the solution?
    The solution is i need to know the date and exact time for y cards so i can change the date and time in my computer so any card i write now it date and time of creation will be the same as y card, so now when i enter the browser and sort cards by creation time this new cards will be sorted exactly in the same order it's written in our notes then i can reschedule it and study it again by order

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Damien Elmes on 12 Feb, 2019 09:59 PM

Anki assigns an increasing due number to each new card you add. If you want to reorder the cards, you can use the Cards>Reposition tool in the browse screen.

8. 8 Posted by mohammed.saiyed... on 12 Feb, 2019 10:20 PM

but u cant add this feature in the future for example
    bcz it will make my life easier plz

9. 9 Posted by Vit on 12 Feb, 2019 10:40 PM

for Mohammad
    I downloaded a copy today; it does have the @birthday field.
    You will see it in 3 places - Card edit; Preview screen; review screen.

BTW, i was thinking you may like another method:
    1 Find the card after which u want to insert the Block;
    2. Add as many Card_Types as u need.
    3. Use the "Advanced Previewer' addon - to review and schedule the added cards in the order of cards: c1 c2 c3 ... ( sort the Browser list by this column).
    And, to sort by ANY column, u need the "Advanced Browser".
    Ask for more help ...

but u cant add this feature in the future for example bcz it will make my life easier plz

I have read your mind -- and have already added a request to update the addon :-)

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Damien Elmes on 12 Feb, 2019 10:55 PM

Adjusting your computer's clock to reposition cards is needlessly round-about - it will be easier and faster to use the reposition tool.

11. 11 Posted by mohammed.saiyed... on 13 Feb, 2019 12:18 AM

So sir Vit, u applied an request to show also the time and date for when a card is created ?

12. 12 Posted by mohammed.saiyed... on 13 Feb, 2019 12:28 AM

Sir Damien Elmes, i know reposition tool is easier, but the problem that sometime this is not working, because i have for example cards which is due number is 125, the next card i added its due number is 119, u see, when i know the time of creation this will solve all my problems because we all the time modify and add notes to specific subject, if u add this feature, then u make me the best favor in my life, just in addition of the date of creation add the time of creation (hours:mins:seconds) and thanks again for ur help and wasting your time to read my problem and also you mr Vit thank u alot appreciated, I'll try ur method then telling u

13. Support Staff 13 Posted by Damien Elmes on 14 Feb, 2019 02:41 AM

the 'shift' option in the reposition tool can be used to insert items - it will automatically change the positions of the cards that come after that position.

14. 14 Posted by mohammed.saiyed... on 14 Feb, 2019 11:42 PM

yes but for example, when i want to start the material from the beginning i want to reschedule it based on time created, reposition will not work if i'll have 1000 cards for example, that's why i need to know the time, so when i back after 6 months lets say i can reschedule it based on the time created and study it again, This is my only request just try to add the time feature in (hours:mins:sec) i think it'll not be difficult, and it will save my life, and thanks for your replying again

15. Support Staff 15 Posted by Damien Elmes on 15 Feb, 2019 09:38 AM

I'm sorry, I don't think showing the time will be useful to most users. If your goal is to ensure the cards can be shown again in the same order when reset, there is an add-on for Anki 2.0 that will change the card creation times based on the order they're shown in the browse screen: https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1348853407

16. 16 Posted by mnhende2 on 15 Feb, 2019 01:41 PM

@Damien: In the midst of the million other things you have going on, any chance you might be updating the add-on for 2.1. Your add-on was the original code, and it doesn't seem that Matthew Duggan is updating it for 2.1. Thought I'd ask you before asking the community on the add-ons thread.

Best,
    mnhende2

17. 17 Posted by mohammed.saiyed... on 15 Feb, 2019 03:23 PM

Sir, no need for this addon, i can just put the clock in my windows on any date and add a new card. The problem is the time, and sir how no one need it, almost everyone in my college has the same problem and that's why I opened this discussion. This feature is necessary in medical school because almost the cards we give the deck to younger students. I dont know for other subjects maybe the dont need it, but for medical school I assure u it's one of the most important features, because it will organize our decks in any way we want, thanks again for keep answering, I'm looking for your understanding and have a good day sir

18. 18 Posted by mohammed.saiyed... on 15 Feb, 2019 03:40 PM

For example look at this picture, i was creating notes, but suddenly the due number began to change, but because I know the created time date I can reschedule them in the correct order, but for example if i want to add new information about previous subject i need to know the time of creation for some cards, I really looking for ur understanding and really alot of my colleges want this, most of them will use anki, for other i'll print it, to know the time and adjust my clock is way easier, bcz i have a program to change the time in my windows by one click...Again sir think about it again, Have a nice day

19. Support Staff 19 Posted by Damien Elmes on 16 Feb, 2019 02:39 AM

mnhende: please let me know how the attached version goes.

mohammad: I'm sorry, I think any solution that requires changing your clock is a bad idea.

20. 20 Posted by mohammed.saiyed... on 16 Feb, 2019 12:59 PM

Sir it's not a solution, it's just a feature that u'll add and i think it's not difficult for u to just include the time in addition to the date, i mean it will not harm the app or any user it's just additional feature some can use it and benefit from it like me and medical students and some dont use it (And it will not harm them or affect the app in any difficult way).
    I mean i'll be with u if it can affect the program in any bad way, but why not if some people can benefit from it and organize the cards in the perfect way plus doesn't harm anybody.
    Or if it a problem for u to add the feature in the official version of the app (and i dont know why) why to add it in advanced browser addon for example (since it called advanced)

21. 21 Posted by Vit on 17 Feb, 2019 04:59 AM

EDIT:
    Check the time shown by this add-on.
    It is off on my PC but i have 20 add-ons.
    Pls let me know if the time is right - so I could look for thr culprit.

The addon is updated !
    The new name is "Dynamic Fields".
    The macro you need is at the end of code.
    Type
    {{@cid!}}

on one or both Templates.

22. 22 Posted by mohammed.saiyed... on 17 Feb, 2019 12:31 PM

Wooooow thanks alooot sir. vit, u just saved me, Thank u alot, I'm very thankful to u
    And thanks u too Damien Elmes....

23. 23 Posted by Vit on 17 Feb, 2019 07:23 PM

We both are thankful to @itraveller quick response.

24. Support Staff 24 Posted by Damien Elmes on 18 Feb, 2019 02:13 AM

Sorry I couldn't help you directly, but I'm glad to hear you've found a solution - thank you Vit.

25. 25 Posted by robert on 28 May, 2020 09:49 PM

Hi, I want to do exactly the same as mohammed.saiyed, but can't get the add-on to work. I've installed 'Dynamic Fields' and tried to add {{@cid!}} to the card template, but am only getting an error code. Can you please let me know what I've done wrong?
    Thank you :)

26. 26 Posted by robert on 28 May, 2020 09:49 PM

This is the error I'm getting

27. 27 Posted by robert on 28 May, 2020 10:07 PM

28. 28 Posted by Vit on 29 May, 2020 01:42 AM

See if this add-on works - "Additional card fields ....Fork for 2.1". ( 2.1.22 +)
    {{info-Date_Created:}}
    If not, the author ijg is very responsive.
    or
    The Advanced Browser has 2nd column named 'created' which shows 'Date' and Time::
    Broser view --> http://prntscr.com/sprc4q

29. 29 Posted by robert on 29 May, 2020 02:01 AM

Hi Vit, thank you for your reply. The 'Additional card fields... fork for 2.1' add-on creates a field with the date created, but it only shows up when reviewing the card and even if I change it then (with 'edit field during review' plugin) the actual creation timestamp of the card does not change.
    The Advanced Browser is great for sorting by creation day and time, thanks! Now I just have to figure out how to change the card creation time stamp. What about the Dynamic Fields add-on you originally recommended to Mohammed? Do you know how to set this up? I've installed it and then inserted {{@cid!}} into the Card Template. Do I have to do anything else? E.g. copy code somewhere or activate something else?

30. 30 Posted by Vit on 29 May, 2020 06:20 PM

I am not a tech-savvy user.
    It is not a good idea to edit the revlog.
    I would post it on Reddit.

My method to Review cards in the Ordered list is making all clozes as C1; if you need to insert a card in the list, it is easy to do. BTW, the author of Dynamic tags wrote a script to open one cloze at a time.
    This method is even better now - we can (edit the card during review ) mark a failed card; at next review, you will see what card to start with; how many times this card failed, etc. It works on Review or new cards

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac