How I can the card's creation time not only the date of creation plz help

mohammed.saiyedahmad

11 Feb, 2019 09:09 PM

Hello, I'm using anki for my medical school, I want to ask you that in browse I can see the creation date of a card but i cant see the time it was created, please any help ?

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by jabamboleo on 05 Jun, 2020 07:52 AM

I think Glutanimate created an add-on to change the creation date. I looked in his github but can't find it.

Anyway, somebody else made another add-on: Change Card Creation Times

2. 32 Posted by ijg on 06 Jun, 2020 02:24 PM

@jabamboleo: Glutanimate made an add-on that allows to modify the note creation time (noteid/nid) named note-organizer in 2017 but never published it on ankiweb for multiple reasons.

Last December Arthur mostly updated it to 2.1, then in March I finished this update and removed a rare, but far reaching bug. I also reorganized the code so that I like it better which might have introduced new problems ...

Anyone can actually use this add-on. I wouldn't recommend it though. It's not well tested and not meant for wide use yet. There could be a bug that ruins all note ids or whatever so that you need to restore from a backup. On the other hand: If no one tests it it will never be ready for general use. You can download an easy to install ankiaddon file from here. Only use it if you've carefully read at least the first paragraph of this file.

If anyone is interested in faking the creation time (note id) you might also be interested in one of these add-ons:

Make sure to read the readmes carefully before using them and know how to restore from a backup. The same warnings from above apply. If you don't want to live with the risk of having to restore from a backup or are not interested in reporting bugs don't use them.

I made three different add-ons that are more or less about the same thing for multiple reasons like that they have different approaches and and different UIs and I didn't know which one I would prefer.

If you find bugs please let me know so that I can fix the add-ons. If your collection is ruined I can't/won't help.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac