card formatting for noun gender feld

Abigail

30 Apr, 2020 07:48 PM

I'm going to use Anki to learn French words including the noun genders, and I'm wondering what is the easiest way to make cards with a field that contains "la" if a card is tagged "la" and "le" if it's tagged "le" (and nothing if it's not tagged, because verbs and phrases and things).
(Unfortunately I can't just type 'la/le [noun]' in every time for the French side of the cards, because I transfer mine over from another program called LingQ, which pulls them out of writing, where sometimes they don't show the article.)
The only thing I can think of (with my complete lack of programming/formatting knowledge) would be to make 3 card types - on A to have the word "la" on one side, on B to have the word "le" on one side, and on C nothing there - and then to sort through the tags every time I upload a new batch, convert everything to C, then the #la words to A and #le to B.
Is there an easier way to do this?
Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by Guillem Palau-S... on 08 May, 2020 12:27 PM

Guillem Palau-Salvà (contributor user)'s Avatar

This could be accomplished with a couple of javascript. I did something similar for German. If nobody replaies you can contact me here.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac