Rendering of certain accents is off

dbonde+forum+anki.tenderapp.com's Avatar

dbonde+forum+anki.tenderapp.com

25 Mar, 2020 07:54 AM

I just created a deck to study a phonetic alphabet and in the browse window, several symbols don't look as they should, for example

ɑ̃

The accent (or whatever it is called) isn't centred as it should be, see attachment.

The characters look fine in the edit area in the browse window as well as on the card when studying.

1. 1 Posted by wmqpmw on 04 Apr, 2020 03:37 PM

In some cases characters with diacritics (the tilda and other extra markings, particularly relevant to rendering IPA) aren't available as a single character, but instead exist as the combination of two characters. Sometimes this works fine, other times not so much.

It may be worthwhile to play around with the html fonts you are using to see if the character rendering improves. You many also want to try different ways of processing from what I assume is originally an excel or text document, in regards to character encoding at that stage.

In short, I think this is a character encoding or font issue, not so much an ANKI specific issue. This doesn't help that much, I realize, but perhaps it helps narrow your focus.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Namnlöst_8.png 6.56 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac