Cards just disappeared

dbonde+forum+anki.tenderapp.com's Avatar

dbonde+forum+anki.tenderapp.com

12 Feb, 2020 07:18 PM

One hour ago I created three cards on my phone using Ankidroid and then immediately clicked sync. When I ten minutes later tried to access these three cards on my computer - after a sync - they were all gone. Double checking on my phone, they are gone there too.

What might possibly have happened!?!?

I have created 50-60 cards before and I haven't noticed that any of those have disappeared (but I didn't look very closely so I can't say for sure) and these 3 new cards were the first card where I really made an effort to make complete cards (before it has mostly been proof-of-concept) and this is a little worrisome (especially since I am about to invite more beginners to contribute).

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 12 Feb, 2020 09:56 PM

If you were asked to choose whether to upload/download, then you may have overwritten your changes. If not, then it may be a bug in AnkiDroid. If you can cause it to happen again in the future, please report the issue to the AnkiDroid developers:

AnkiDroid has a separate support site

2. 2 Posted by dbonde+forum+an... on 24 Mar, 2020 06:10 PM

dbonde+forum+anki.tenderapp.com's Avatar

After some further googling around the time I reported this issue I realised that certain cards are hidden when they are new or something like that? I don't remember the details - do you know what I am talking about?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 25 Mar, 2020 10:36 AM

If you're referring to the daily card limit or buried siblings (https://docs.ankiweb.net/#/studying?id=siblings-and-burying), you should still be able to locate those cards by searching for them in the Browse screen.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac