Scheduler / Algorithm

Filipe

04 Feb, 2020 03:14 PM

Hi,

Many posts on the internet discuss the problems with the anki algorithm and ways to get around those problems.
Why not do it on a new version of algorithm?

This is a example:

https://eshapard.github.io/anki/thoughts-on-a-new-algorithm-for-anki.html

Why aren't improvements made to the algorithm? The changes in the new scheduler were minor and did not change the heart of how the system calculates new intervals.

Why don't creators go ahead to update the algorithm for better results and less user feedback during study sessions?

1. 1 Posted by ijg on 06 Feb, 2020 07:55 AM

Do you mean the developer of the Anki? We can only speculate. I guess it's because there are so many other things you can do. Even if a different algorithm were slightly better this is not a top priority for most users ... People who post about Anki online are much different from regular users ...

Users can create add-ons but they don't work on mobile for technical reasons.

2. 2 Posted by Filipe on 06 Feb, 2020 09:01 AM

Yes, i mean developer of anki.

Please apologise if this place is not the correct place to post this type
    of suggestion.

3. 3 Posted by ijg on 06 Feb, 2020 01:26 PM

I only answered because on top of this sub-category of this forum named "Community" there's this bold info text:

As this is a community area, official support is not provided in this category. If you have a bug report or question about Anki itself, please use one of the other categories.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac