Third side to a Card (so far using hint-function but missing audio)

Gabriel Gruben

27 Nov, 2019 09:04 PM

Hi Everybody!

My father has a big project running at the moment: He is making a german - spanish vocabulary course covering the 5000 most frequently used spanish words, and i am trying to make it accessible for anki users.
The course is being created primarily for a mobile app called Flashcards Deluxe, wich has the option to display a third side for every Card, including pictures and audio.
This "side 3" is supposed to show when you press an extra button on side 2.
Its function is to display examples for the use of each word and it is a key feature to the whole course.

So far the best solution i was able to find in Anki, is using the built-in hint function for this. My problem is, i cant seem to get it to play audio files correctly. When i insert an audio file into the hint, it automatically gets played back after the audio from side 2.

Now here is my question: Is it possible to fix this with some custom html code? Can i somehow fix the audio inside the hint or would it make more sense to try and script the entire side 3?
Any ideas on how to make this work would be greatly appreciated!

here is a link to the course as it is now:
https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/815543631

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 28 Nov, 2019 06:40 AM

I'm afraid audio can not be selectively introduced - it will only automatically play when the question or answer is shown.

2. 2 Posted by ijg on 28 Nov, 2019 02:18 PM

besides this official forum there are many ideas for anki at reddit.com/r/anki. Maybe google for something like site:reddit.com/r/anki audio hint. Maybe there are some ideas, maybe with js? All kind of built-in features have been modified over time ... When it comes to javascript you should read the bold warnings from the manual. So you are on your own ... But apparently there is some js that works on all clients over multiple years ... Maybe there's something for your case ...

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac