Music player with spaced repetition

Jackie Ho

22 Oct, 2019 01:30 PM

Anyone tried studying anki while walking in the park?

Would it be just as effective to create an anki music player where the playlist would follow spaced repetition and where each "song"corresponds to the sound of each anki card in the deck?

So if you are learning japanese, you could have the japanese pronunciation, followed by English pronunciation of the meaning of the word with day a mini pause in between. Or the other way round.

in effect it would be like the pimsleur CD.

Do you guys think such a music player would help people to study languages? it would focus mainly on listening and pronunciation of languages

In this way, it would be safer to listen to it even when you attend to other activities, like driving, shopping etc.

It is like reviewing the materials without putting too much efforts in.

It is not a replacement of the anki studying, but I wonder if you could study more (30%+) this way?

1. 1 Posted by lovac42 on 23 Oct, 2019 08:07 PM

In terms of study effectiveness, you wouldn't get much out of it. Maybe max +10% depending on brain fart/engagement ratio. Realistically, around 2-4%. But this will have a huge boost to your morale as you are listening to the audio at all times: walking, showering, driving, etc... etc...

I have a similar process where I find and filter all learning/lasped cards from my sentence bank and export those media to my mp3 player and listen to it while driving/walking. The answer is the sound filename, if a sound bite grabs my attention, I'll look at the playlist for the answer (not while driving). So the listening practice is always within my comfort zone.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac