Repeating specific cards

biohm

08 May, 2019 06:29 PM

Hello Anki,

Great app, but is there a way to repeatedly review specific cards?

Thank you,
D

1. 1 Posted by Vit on 08 May, 2019 08:08 PM

What is your definition of 'review'?
    There are a few options -- with and without add-ons.
    Are you on Anki 2.1 ? V2 ?

2. 2 Posted by biohm on 09 May, 2019 05:27 AM

Hello Vit,

I have v2.0.52, running on an old (2009) MacBook Pro.

Sorry, I’m new to Anki. I made some cards while preparing for an exam. It was a great tool, but when I tried to test myself on the same cards ~ an hour late I could not figure out how to access them.

Many thanks,
    D

3. 3 Posted by Vit on 11 May, 2019 03:07 AM

1. Simplest: Set an alarm for 60m.
      in Browser, display the cards and use the button Preview.
      If you want to do some cards again, Mark those cards during the first Preview so you can display them with command tag:marked.

Do you want a particular method ? Describe it in details.

4. 4 Posted by biohm on 14 May, 2019 07:47 PM

Hi Vit,

Thanks so much (again) for the reply.

I checked some anki forums. This comment was along the lines of my question…

"Also, I know Anki isn't for cramming, but I just used it now for an upcoming test and made around 1000 cards. What settings do I have to change so that I can keep seeing all the cards (except the ones that I know, I can see those maybe in a few hours) right now?” (https://www.reddit.com/r/Anki/comments/54a5w6/how_does_image_occlusion_work_and_how_to_cram/ <https://www.reddit.com/r/Anki/comments/54a5w6/how_does_image_occlusion_work_and_how_to_cram/>)

I made cards using Image Occlusion Enhanced, example below.

Update: Say!… I think a tweak on your suggestion to try "Preview “ might be exactly what I’m looking for. It seems I can test myself repeatedly on a specific card as many times as is necessary by selecting the forward and reverse arrows while in “Preview."

I’ll get back. Thanks!

Doug

5. 5 Posted by biohm on 12 Nov, 2019 12:11 AM

Hello Vit/Anki,

I’m coming back to Anki months after thinking I understood a strategy, & then finding I didn’t understand a strategy.

I completely understand the thinking behind spaced repetition. That said, I still haven’t been able to find someone or a video who/that can state whether or not it is possible (& if possible explains how) to review Image Occlusion Enhanced cards at will, outside of a schedule. If I want to review 3 images, for example:

is it possible to stop reviewing one image at any point, advance to the next image, start reviewing, stop at any point, and then go to the next image or the previous image?

Many thanks,
    Doug

PS: I can’t tell how tell how much potential I see in Anki as a learning aid for 2º students.

6. 6 Posted by Vit on 12 Nov, 2019 01:26 AM

I dont use it :-)

Go Reddit !

7. 7 Posted by biohm on 12 Nov, 2019 02:20 AM

Ho ho!

Response times don’t come much shorter that that… but I’m not sure I understand the message.

You don’t use Anki, and there is an alternative on Reddit?

Many thanks,
    Doug

8. 8 Posted by Vit on 12 Nov, 2019 03:38 AM

Your question was about the add-on, not the Anki

Reddit. You are aware of it. You will get much more responses ( muck more than 1 is ...? :-)
    and with more details.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac