Can I have 2 ANKI's on my computer

steve

07 Apr, 2019 03:38 AM

I like ANKI, but I have thousands of cards now and I am still needing them (I guess I am a slow learner). So, since it seems to slow as more and more is added, my questions are 1) can I set up 2 ANKI programs on my laptop and 2) if not on the same drive, I have a portable drive that I can attach so can I set it up on there?
As I said, I like the program, but I have no interest in delving into the deep and meaningfuls of how to use it to the nth degree. I am too busy using it to learn a language and spending time on other stuff ... to me .... is a waste. So, a simple answer please if anybody is willing to help. Can I set up a second ANKI on my computer or portable hard drive and if so, how?

1. 1 Posted by mnhende2 on 07 Apr, 2019 09:21 AM

@Steve: You probably can but just installing them in didn't folder locations. I've never tried. Someone else might jump in with a better answer. That said, you didn't go into detail about the specific needs, but maybe creating two profiles might be an easier way to accomplish what you want. I have six profiles on each of my computers, one for each family member. It only requires one install of Anki. https://apps.ankiweb.net/docs/manual.html#profiles-&-preferences

2. 2 Posted by steve on 07 Apr, 2019 10:06 AM

Thanks for taking the time to answer. ))))) I appreciate it )) I will look into your link )) Have a wonderful day ))) (and thanks again) )))

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac