Best way to use ANKI

CM

29 Dec, 2018 04:51 PM

Hi there,

I'm new to Anki and trying to figure out the best way to use the platform. I purchased Anki for a industry exam I'm taking in March. There are over 400 terms/ flashcards I will be making in Anki. I've already started making the cards and uploading them for web and mobile.

My question is, is it best to make all 300-400 terms at one time, or to do this gradually? Is it best to start with the traditional setup Anki starts you out with? Are there other features or add-ons I should be using in this scenario?

Thanks for any input or advice.

1. 1 Posted by Vit on 30 Dec, 2018 02:24 AM

>My question is, is it best to make all 300-400 terms at one time, or to do this gradually?

Of course gradually; on day-1 make 40 cards; day2 - 30, day3 - 20, day4 - 10.
    when you have >100 DUE cards, stop adding New cards until Reviews subside.

Must read the Manual:
    - Introduction chapter.
    - Preferences
    - Deck Options.

Do not use Reverse cards.
    Basic is much better than Cloze Note.
    * Delay card making - stay 5 - 10 pages behind; Reasons:
    - it will be much easier to see which text should not be put in Anki ( easy stuff).
    - During the first 2-3 days, you will go back to page-1 and read Passively; it is like a rehearsal. On day-3, make cards ( but stay behind your learning.
    Make Learning steps 19 20 60+ ( 19min is for Again only ).

>Is it best to start with the traditional setup Anki starts you out with?

Your question is a good example to show how to distill the gyst of the text;
    a good Anki card: "Do i start with Defaults"

No, we had learned for 20 years and can estimate what the User defined parameters should we start with.

Is the material on paper ?
    I would use old Anki 2.0.52.

Reading:
    go to reddit/r/Anki and read comments by rjgnord, Glutanimate, dedu6ka

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac