Inserting mini lessons

Clayton

20 Mar, 2014 07:45 AM

I'm interested in putting 'mini-lessons' into a deck. So for example, show a short video of a piece in a foreign language that goes over some of the key vocabulary, then you practice the vocabulary. I know how to embed video, HTML etc... But what is the best to implement this?

Should I make them as regular cards and then the user can just ignore them when it comes time for them to be reviewed? Or is there another preferred format?

1. 1 Posted by Aleksej on 20 Mar, 2014 09:52 AM

If you want them to appear between particular new cards, the user will have to ignore them or something else, depending on how they care about them affecting the statistics.

If you care only about the internal order of these cards, use Incremental reading: https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/2880922486 You can press "1" or "2" before pressing Space, to reschedule the IR cards without touching Anki's scheduler.

Currently I do it this way:

• / (root deck)
    • /::SR (spaced repetition deck)
    • /::IR (incremenal reading deck)

"Mix new cards and reviews"

IR deck's new card limit is chosen based on how often I want to see IR cards now. The limit is not used otherwise, unless I accidentally SRS-rate an IR card.

2. System closed this discussion on 22 Feb, 2016 11:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac