Beta stuff <3

Fin Thiessen

26 Sep, 2019 08:38 AM

Hey Damien!

I’ve been a bit lazy the last month but now I’m back with the latest beta:)

The bug that only one learning card gets shown at the bottom sometimes is still there.

Another bug which is there for a while now:
For cards with a picture on the front: when I tap to see the back side of the picture it flashes a bit. And I am not sure but I think it actually shows the content of the back side during that flash. The flash does not happen every time. I made a little video to show you.
It’s best to see at the flag of Angola.

Another thing: I’d like to help translating. The German version is quite a mess atm. How can I join?

Thanks

Greetings
Fin

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 26 Sep, 2019 10:36 AM

Thanks Fin, I'll investigate those issues. And thank you for your offer to help out with the translations! I'll send along an invite. More info is available here: https://apps.ankiweb.net/docs/am-manual.html#translating-ankimobile

2. 2 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 26 Sep, 2019 12:46 PM

Hey, thx for the Link!

Another thing I forgot to mention:

If cards get buried, the card count diesnt directly update. That’s alright. But what I noticed: Let’s say the blue number at the bottom shows 42 new cards. When I go to the statistic page via the top bar, the unseen stat shows 30 unseen cards. I then click on back to get into the study screen again and it still says 42. only of I go back to the deck screen it finally says 30

So it would be nice if a visit of the stats screen (and basically every other screen as well) would update the numbers in the study screen

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 26 Sep, 2019 11:03 PM

IIRC, the main reason it's done this way at the moment is to avoid the current card potentially changing when returning, as it can do when the queue is rebuilt. Certainly room for improvement here :-)

4. 4 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 27 Sep, 2019 03:11 PM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: Beta stuff <3

If that’s causing problems then you just could not update in the stats screen. that would do the trick i guess.

While we’re at it: What about a separation between buried and suspended in the stats? That would be nice.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Damien Elmes on 28 Sep, 2019 11:59 PM

Hi Fin,

The graphs are something I'd like to rework at one point, and I think that would be good time to split these up as well.

6. 6 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 29 Dec, 2019 08:13 AM

Hi

Back on mobile i have a simple bug and a weird one.

The simpfle one: When im in the stats screen and press the home button and open anki again, im of course still in the stats screen but the colours of all the graphs are lighter for some reason.

Same thing when im revisiting the screen from the lock screen.

Weird bug:

When you look at my stats in my spanish deck you see that ive kept a streak the last few days always adding 20 or 25 new cards. Thats correct. On the 27. i had way more rewiew cards to do than the days before. That was odd but i did them. Then, on the 28. i had no review cards and no new cards due for some reason. There were just some learning cards due.
    I did those and today there are new cards, learning cards and review cards due, everything seems fine again.

I am on the same pace with new cards as a friend of mine and i compared the stats and i indeed have 20 new cards less introduced than him.

I have an idea what caused this: Often i did my reviews between 3 and 4 AM. I have new day starts at 4 AM. There could be a hickup there.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Damien Elmes on 30 Dec, 2019 11:56 PM

Hi Fin,

I couldn't reproduce the first issue - is it still a problem with the latest beta?

For the second issue, please force a full sync to ensure all devices are identical, then give this a try:
    https://anki.tenderapp.com/kb/anki-ecosystem/timezone-handling-changes

8. 8 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 09 Jan, 2020 06:41 PM

so i finally did that debug console thing.

This was the output, just for protocol:

>>> mw.col.reset()
    ... old = mw.col.sched.today
    ... mw.col.conf["newTimezone"] = True
    ... mw.col.setMod()
    ... mw.col.reset()
    ... new = mw.col.sched.today
    ... print(f"elapsed days was {old}, is now {new}")
    elapsed days was 568, is now 568

So Ill see the next time what happens when i do anki reviews stupidly late :p Might take me a while.

Cheers :-)

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Damien Elmes on 09 Jan, 2020 09:20 PM

Hi Fin,

There were some corner cases found in the previous implementation, so I've had another attempt at it. After updating to the latest computer beta and AnkiMobile, please give the updated steps a try and let me know if they don't resolve your problems:

https://anki.tenderapp.com/kb/anki-ecosystem/timezone-handling-changes

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Damien Elmes on 09 Jan, 2020 10:08 PM

Actually an issue has been found - please hold off on this until I get back to you.

11. 11 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 10 Jan, 2020 02:11 AM

i did actually use the latest beta on both desktop and mobile earlier today when i tested that.

And its actually 3 am right now (i couldnt wait to test :p) and i am seeing the cards of tommorow (the next day starts at is set at 4 am.)

So nothing changed there.

For the other bug with the colours in the stats screen: The bug is still there but i noticed that in dark mode the colours actually get darker after revisiting the app while in light mode they get lighter. Ill attach a video showing that.

12. 12 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 13 Jan, 2020 11:16 PM

A weird thing happended to me...

I was updating a friends profile on my computer after both the profile on my computer and his android phone got in sync. I added a new deck on computer then and moved some cards in there. I did nothing that gave me the messega that a full sync was necessary.
    I synced and told him to sync on his phone. He did and there was a error message that he would need to do a full sync. That was the first thing which i didnt understand. But anyways, i told him to upload as he was reviewing at that time and i didnt want him to loose anything. So he uploaded. Ater that there was the new deck on his phone. How can that be? I dont understand that. We didnt loose anything, so this is not too important but i just dont understand what was happening there and am curious :-)

13. Support Staff 13 Posted by Damien Elmes on 14 Jan, 2020 04:21 AM

Ok, updated instructions on https://anki.tenderapp.com/kb/anki-ecosystem/timezone-handling-changes

Please make sure you're on 2.0.56beta2 and 2.1.17 before following them.

I can't explain what happened in post 12 - it's not possible the friend accidentally chose to download instead of upload? Or perhaps they already synced the deck, and then the error happened after that?

14. 14 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 14 Jan, 2020 12:10 PM

>>> mw.col.reset()
    ... old = mw.col.sched.today
    ... mw.col.sched.setCreationOffset()
    ... mw.col.reset()
    ... new = mw.col.sched.today
    ... print(f"elapsed days was {old}, is now {new}")
    elapsed days was 573, is now 573

The syncing thing... It cant be the case that he accidentally downloaded as he was reviewing during that time and would have noticed that he did the same green cards again... He always has a close eye on the card counts.

15. 15 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 14 Jan, 2020 01:03 PM

New crucial bug!

The new Mobile beta doesn’t allow for new cards. The blue number is always 0 no matter what.

16. 16 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 14 Jan, 2020 01:23 PM

Same thing on desktop apparently.

Same thing after I downgraded to 2.15 on desktop. Don’t know how to downgrade on mobile though.

Would be nice if you could fix this today as I would like to keep my streak.. <3

17. 17 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 14 Jan, 2020 01:34 PM

Update:

I am on 2.1.15 desktop and 2.0.55.6 mobile now. But still no new cards no matter what.

18. 18 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 14 Jan, 2020 06:05 PM

Update:
    I can actually create new cards which get shown.

And custom study does also work.

19. Support Staff 19 Posted by Damien Elmes on 14 Jan, 2020 10:09 PM

I don't think this is related to the new code - you have the new/day limit on both subdecks set to 0.

20. 20 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 14 Jan, 2020 10:58 PM

Ah shit. Here we go again. Sometimes I’m just acting like the biggest Anki noob. I’m sorry!

21. Support Staff 21 Posted by Damien Elmes on 14 Jan, 2020 11:29 PM

No problem :-)

22. 22 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 15 Jan, 2020 04:38 PM

Good News!

The time changing bug is gone :)

Greetings

Fin

23. Support Staff 23 Posted by Damien Elmes on 16 Jan, 2020 12:09 AM

Great, thanks for testing :-)

24. 24 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 27 Jan, 2020 04:32 PM

Hey there

I sent you a bug report trough the testflight interface. That bug is gone with the new update.

I found a mistake in the manual. In the section Find duplicates it says that the option is in the edit tab, but its actually in the notes tab.

25. Support Staff 25 Posted by Damien Elmes on 28 Jan, 2020 09:12 AM

Hi Fin,

Apple don't send me notifications of crash reports, so here is the fastest place to reach me. Please let me know if you run into further issues. And I've made a note to update the manual, thanks.

26. 26 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 28 Jan, 2020 02:33 PM

Also, concerning the duplicates, would it be possible to have a search term for is:duplicate, similar to is:suspended? That would make sense to me and would make the process easier

27. Support Staff 27 Posted by Damien Elmes on 29 Jan, 2020 08:15 AM

That's not possible to implement in a way that performs well, but you can tag duplicates for easier searching.

28. 28 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 07 Feb, 2020 02:57 PM

Hi

Its probably me being stupid again, but i see now way to mute anki when i am connected to bluetooth speakers. How can i do that?

29. Support Staff 29 Posted by Damien Elmes on 08 Feb, 2020 04:36 AM

Unless you've changed the mute switch option in the preferences, the mute/vibrate switch will turn off automatic audio playing.

30. 30 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 08 Feb, 2020 12:24 PM

Sorry, you mean the “always duck and ignore mute” option right? That option is disabled. P

The mute/vibrate switch works perfevtly when not connected to Bluetooth speakers. But when connected it changes nothing, the audio always plays automatically. Does it maybe have something to do with the cards template? It’s about the spanish Vokabular my cards if you want to take a look

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac