Anki 2.1.0 Beta 43

Damien Elmes

11 Jul, 2018 12:57 PM

Hi all,

A new beta is available. Please see the beta page for more info:

https://apps.ankiweb.net/docs/beta.html

If you run into any issues, please let me know.

1. 1 Posted by Jason on 11 Jul, 2018 02:53 PM

This comment was split into a new discussion: Proxy/firewall issues

The Beta has the scheduler features I want (sub deck review shuffling) and so I was motivated to try it. Alas, whereas the mainline sync'd fine, the beta fails to sync with "Syncing failed: The connection to AnkiWeb timed out. Please check your network connection and try again." . I tried the obvious, like making sure HTTP_PROXY env set, trying from a fresh Anki2 folder, trying after reboot. I looked for a log to debug, but didn't see much. I do see a crash.log that I've attached. Not sure how to debug from here. I'll be eager to try again if I can get it to work behind the proxy.

2. 2 Posted by Matt on 13 Jul, 2018 02:04 PM

This comment was split into a new discussion: Scheduling error

Using the experimental scheduler, I had unexpected intervals when reviewing a card (10 minutes, 2 days, 4.8 years, 12.4 years). I have switched back and forth between the experimental and regular scheduler with this deck, including switching back to the regular scheduler prior to updating to beta43. I'm not sure what's going on but using the card stats addon the data displayed does not look like what I normally see for a card (information on the due date, lapses, and interval are all missing, among other information). I'm attaching some screenshots to illustrate the problem.

Please let me know if I can be of any help in debugging this.

3. 3 Posted by Matt on 22 Jul, 2018 08:36 AM

Some font doesn't display properly in the browser despite being rendered correctly in non-beta version e.g. Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProN W3, A-OTF UD Shin Go Pro R.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Damien Elmes on 22 Jul, 2018 01:16 PM

Do the fonts work correctly during review? Is the font name selected in the Fields screen correct?

5. 5 Posted by Matt on 22 Jul, 2018 03:09 PM

This comment was split into a new discussion: Anki 2.1.0 Beta 43

I have a different font for the browser and a different one for the cards, but I went ahead and checked it out. Well, when I select font for the field from the dropdown menu I get "Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProN W3". It doesn't work when copied as is onto the card template. After removing "W3" it displays correctly.

Also, it looks like the browser doesn't register CTRL+C/X combination. I have to press it several times.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Damien Elmes on 23 Jul, 2018 05:19 AM

A new build is available - please use this thread for any issues: https://anki.tenderapp.com/discussions/beta-testing/1228-anki-210-r...

7. Damien Elmes closed this discussion on 23 Jul, 2018 05:19 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac