Multiple users

orders

23 Feb, 2020 04:53 PM

I have a deck that I want to be available for multiple users. I understand that when a person uses a deck, the deck becomes customized for that person - knowing which cards have been viewed and which ones need to be presented more frequently, among other things. So if multiple users are using the same deck, how can the deck be personalized for each user?

Whether a user is accessing the deck through ankiweb or through the desktop app, doesn't their use of the master deck get synchronized with the master deck?

Can someone please explain how I can have multiple users using the same deck in a way that each user's version is customized for them?

1. 1 Posted by orders on 23 Feb, 2020 04:58 PM

To refine my question, it looks like each user has to have a separate Ankiweb account. Then they would have to import the master deck. But if I understand correctly, they can't import into the web version. They have to import into the desktop version. So then, if they import the deck, would it now be a separate deck under their account, rather than just synchronizing with the master deck in my account?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Damien Elmes on 24 Feb, 2020 07:36 AM

Importing creates a local copy. Any changes they make will not affect your copy, and any changes you make will not affect their copy unless you share a new version and they import that.

3. 3 Posted by Misio on 06 Mar, 2020 01:40 PM

Hi Order,

I think I was trying to solve similar issue like yours.
    Please have a look on this thread an Damien's suggestions there:
    https://anki.tenderapp.com/discussions/ankidesktop/34132-single-database-multiple-users

I hope this is helpful.
    Misio

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac