Email Failed

galoisgecko

20 Feb, 2020 08:02 PM

Hi,
I wanted to sign up to anki.
But it seems Anki cannot send the verification email to me. The verification page (https://ankiweb.net/account/verifyAddress?confirmEmail=yes) says: "Email Failed. We were not able to deliver an email to your mail provider."
My provider is T-Online, and I checked the address many times to be correct.
What can I do to sign up?
Best regards,
Galois Gecko

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 21 Feb, 2020 04:05 AM

Please contact your email provider and let them know they are blocking our email. This is the message they are returning:

"23.249.217.77 - A problem occurred. (Ask your postmaster for help or to contact [email blocked] to clarify.) (BL)"

They may or may not be willing to help you - you may find it easier to sign up with a different email address if you have access to one.

2. 2 Posted by galoisgecko on 21 Feb, 2020 06:25 AM

Hi Damien,
    thanks a lot! I will try to convince them, but as you wrote ("They may or may not be willing to help you") I would rather guess that they may not be willing...
    So I guess I will have to sign up at another provider.
    Just one question: This verification mail is sent from "@ankiweb.net" ?
    Thanks again,
    Galois Gecko

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 22 Feb, 2020 07:47 AM

Yes, that's right

4. 4 Posted by galoisgecko on 23 Feb, 2020 09:27 AM

Hi Damien,
    it seems that they could be willing to help me at t-online.de. They said they would need the IP address from which the email was sent since they would not block email addresses. Could you tell me the IP address from which this email was sent?
    Thanks in advance!
    Best regards
    Galois Gecko

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Damien Elmes on 24 Feb, 2020 07:16 AM

Hi Galois,

The IP is 23.249.217.77

6. 6 Posted by galoisgecko on 24 Feb, 2020 08:43 AM

Hi Damien,
    thanks for your help! At t-online, they say I must not do anything. Only the postmaster at ankiweb.net would be allowed to get information about blocked IP addresses.
    So I am going to sell my data and soul to google and try it with a gmail address.
    Thanks again for your help!
    Best regards,
    Galois Gecko

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Damien Elmes on 25 Feb, 2020 04:16 AM

No problem, it looks like you were able to verify your address using the new account?

8. 8 Posted by galoisgecko on 25 Feb, 2020 07:07 AM

Yes, thanks. I created a gmail.com address and with this, it works, Finally I can synchronize my cards! (I was only hesitating a little to create a gmail.com address because google requires to get some data from me).
    Thanks again,
    Galois Gecko

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac