Syncing Review Cards Not Working

Aaron B

08 Feb, 2020 05:38 PM

Hello,

I've been using Anki for about two years (running Anki 2.1.20) on Mac and the iPhone mobile app.

Quite recently, I noticed that I could only sync between my ankimobile and Anki desktop by forcing a one-way sync from whichever device I had used to study the cards. If I do a normal manual sync from one device, it appears as if it has gone through, but then when I do a manual sync on the other device, it does not sync the cards but does not give me an error message. (for example, I studied all the review cards in Deck A on my desktop today and hit sync, it looks as if it went through, then I sync on the mobile app, but all the review cards appear unstudied in Deck A).

When I force a one-way upload sync (or do a normal manual sync) from either device and check ankiweb, it also does not appear to have transferred the changes. (in the last example, I finish all review cards in Deck A and force a one-way sync from my desktop. Then I log into ankiweb and see all the review cards still unstudied in Deck A).

Oddly, any new cards or learning cards I have completed will sync between either device and Ankiweb, just not reviewed cards.

So far, I have tried forcing one-way syncs from both devices, turning both devices off and on, ensuring good internet connection, updating both the mobile and desktop apps to the latest versions.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 08 Feb, 2020 09:33 PM

Could it be that the reviews are syncing, and you're just seeing other review cards as if the daily counts had been reset? It may be that you're experiencing a timezone issue - please give this a try:

Timezone handling changes

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Damien Elmes on 08 Feb, 2020 09:34 PM

(Please make sure you update to the latest 2.1.20 beta first)

3. 3 Posted by Aaron B on 09 Feb, 2020 04:10 AM

The timezone debug thing worked! Thank you so much you are awesome!

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Damien Elmes on 09 Feb, 2020 04:28 AM

No problem, glad to hear that solved it!

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac