Time to support Apple Watch?

Nicolas Curi Gawlinski

05 Jan, 2019 06:34 AM

The new version of the Apple watch (series 4) has a significant improvement in its battery life. I'd love to do some reviews using my watch. There's a speech function in the accessibility of Apple devices that allows TTS on-the-fly generation (https://www.reddit.com/r/medicalschoolanki/comments/9t383u/how_to_use_tts_with_ios_anki_app/). Please, make Anki available to Apple Watch! :)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 05 Jan, 2019 11:05 PM

Hi Nicolas,

The 4th/5th gen watches are certainly an improvement, and I'm continuing to keep an eye on demand for this, but I'm afraid it's not at the top of the todo list at the moment.

2. 2 Posted by Edan Maor on 07 Jul, 2019 11:35 AM

Just Wanted to chip in that I'd be very happy if this existed too.

3. 3 Posted by AS on 14 Jul, 2019 04:11 AM

I am eagerly awaiting the day Anki is available for Apple Watch!

4. 4 Posted by BF on 04 Sep, 2019 05:47 PM

I truly hope this happens! Please!

5. 5 Posted by IZ on 11 Sep, 2019 06:17 AM

+1 would love this feature!!!!

6. 6 Posted by matt on 30 Sep, 2019 03:07 PM

The demand is there :) would pay for this

7. 7 Posted by asdf on 05 Oct, 2019 03:50 AM

I'd really want to do anki flashcards whenever I can take a minute on my Apple Watch!

8. 8 Posted by Abi on 06 Oct, 2019 04:58 PM

Yes, please! I'm a med student and I have to do a loooot of cards and it would be so extremely useful to have them on the Apple Watch! Please!

9. 9 Posted by Alex on 09 Oct, 2019 03:16 PM

+1 yeah this would be really really useful with the loads of medschool anki I review. Maybe a swipe left/right for again/good & hard press for options like going back to decks? Or flexible settings in the ankimobile app.

10. 10 Posted by Elise on 10 Oct, 2019 02:23 PM

I would love to see an Apple watch app too!

11. 11 Posted by Yauhen on 03 Dec, 2019 05:42 AM

I’m really need it! Please pay attention on this !

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Damien Elmes on 03 Dec, 2019 08:14 PM

I read every post that is made here, and appreciate it is something some of you are quite keen on. A watch app may come in the future, but I'm afraid it's unlikely to happen in the short term, as there are other tasks that will benefit a greater number of users that need to take priority.

13. 13 Posted by wmqpmw on 06 Dec, 2019 04:22 PM

I'm skeptical that in the use cases commonly cited here (especially medical school students) that having ANKI on a watch is necessarily superior to or more quickly accessible than on a mobile device. Don't get me wrong - I appreciate the desire to insert ANKI into every spare moment, but I think if you really sat down and clocked how much extra time you spent on the extra time needed to use the phone version, the time savings and usability gains are largely negligible. There is of course the potential situation where a watch is preferable because using a phone would be frowned upon (for some reason checking a watch in some cases is less socially unacceptable than checking a phone).

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac