Auto correct

Gabor Pallos

24 Jun, 2018 06:30 AM

Typing in English is no problem. However for language studying chances are you run into auto correction (caps, word correction) during typing on another language are pretty high. Anki used to be excluded from this behaviour but nowadays it is not. I would love to type my Hungarian words without any auto correction by being back to be excluded from it, while I’d keep the option on though. And the capitalisation...

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 24 Jun, 2018 06:39 AM

I agree it's a pain - unfortunately Apple's "what you see is what you get" editor doesn't currently provide the ability to disable auto correction.

2. 2 Posted by Gabor Pallos on 24 Jun, 2018 06:44 AM

Hi Damien,
    Thanks for the quick reply. So I wonder why Anki iPhone was without auto correction since the beginning?
    Gabor

Sent from my iPhone

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 24 Jun, 2018 07:11 AM

The original editor used a simple text input component. Apple does support disabling autocorrect in that component, but the component is not capable of showing images or styling.

4. 4 Posted by Gabor Pallos on 24 Jun, 2018 07:16 AM

Well, although I appreciate you letting me know it is sad.
    Thanks,
    Gabor

Sent from my iPhone

5. 5 Posted by Philipp on 14 Feb, 2020 02:05 PM

Having installed the actual anki version, autocorrect on mac is switched off by default. How can I enable it?

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Damien Elmes on 15 Feb, 2020 01:21 AM

The original post was about the iOS app. The computer version does not use Apple libraries, and thus I'm afraid does not support autocorrect.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac