Options Group sync issue

pp

23 May, 2020 01:28 AM

How I use anki:
I mainly use windows 10 anki app for creating decks , and use Anki mobile on iPhone-ios13 or ipad air-ipad os 13 for review.
I create deck on windows and assign them under customised option group.
It syncs successfully (if I restart windows app, it shows exact decks and option group settings I saved.)
Now I sync to anki mobile on my iPhone, here it doesn’t show any issues with syncing.
In decks , it shows all the flash cards.

The issue:
Currently the only issue is with OPTION GROUPS.
On syncing, The deck changes it group to Default group or some other random group.
This happens both the ways i.e. Ankimobile to anki windows and vice versa.
In short:
Option group sync is not predictable. It sometimes syncs and sometimes behaves unexpectedly.

I experimented with sync between two apple devices, and it affirms same issue.
Part 1 Video link: https://youtu.be/id2x1OCKums
Part 2 Video link: https://youtu.be/lLwiKoCYiMg

Am I missing something here to enable predictive and EXACT sync of options group with corresponding deck ? Kindly enlighten me.

Thank you.

1. 1 Posted by pp on 23 May, 2020 06:24 AM

-edited-

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Damien Elmes on 25 May, 2020 02:03 AM

Thanks for the report, I'll look into the issue.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 02 Jun, 2020 08:32 AM

Hi pp,

I ran through the exact steps in your video, but in my case the new deck+new deck options appeared correctly when the other iOS device is synced. It may be that the issue has already been fixed in the beta, or it may be there's something else going on. Would you like to try the latest beta version to see if that fixes the problem for you?

AnkiMobile beta testing

4. 4 Posted by pp on 04 Jun, 2020 02:21 AM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: Options Group sync issue

Hello Damien,
    Thank you for your reply.

I am running 2.0.63 store version on my iPad and iPhone , and if I repeat the exact steps of Video part 1 and part 2, it shows the exact same mismatch between these two ios devices, as of today.

And currently, it is true with iOS to Windows version also.

If beta is problem solver, Please take me in. Can you please share the exact link at which I can apply for beta?

5. 5 Posted by Austin on 04 Jun, 2020 05:30 PM

I like to report that I have encountered this same issue as well where a deck options group I created on Anki Windows 10 is not matching on Anki iOS. In my case instead of the deck option I made, it uses the default option and the option I made is not in the options list on my iOS version.

6. 6 Posted by pp on 05 Jun, 2020 01:32 AM

Thank you for the invitation, I am using the testflight now.

The issue persists in test flight version 2.0.64., for sync between two iOS devices. Further, issue is not consistent, sometimes it does sync and sometimes it don’t.

It is also true between iOS and Windows version.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Damien Elmes on 05 Jun, 2020 09:28 AM

If you could keep an eye out to see if you can spot a pattern to when it occurs that would be appreciated - it didn't seem to happen when I followed the steps in your video. I suspect the changes coming in Anki 2.1.28 will address this as well - if we haven't gotten to the bottom of the issue before then, I can ping you when it's ready for beta testing.

8. 8 Posted by Clerson on 06 Jun, 2020 01:17 AM

I am having the same problem

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Damien Elmes on 07 Jun, 2020 11:17 PM

You should be able to work around this issue for now by forcing a full sync on the device you added the option group to, uploading, and then downloading on your other device(s).

10. 10 Posted by pp on 09 Jun, 2020 02:23 PM

Yes Damien, sure. Ping me for newer beta release. I will try to find a pattern meanwhile.

Clerson and Austin, currently as a bypass, I am not touching the Option group from my iOS devices. I change it only in Windows 10 version and then sync back to my iOS devices.

11. 11 Posted by Austin on 09 Jun, 2020 04:42 PM

I already figured out to do the bypass mentioned earlier to do all my modifications on PC and then force syncing one way which fixes my problem. Not an ideal solution but necessary as am reworking existing decks and making new ones for my language studies

12. 12 Posted by Andrew on 21 Jun, 2020 02:34 PM

Hi guys,

I think I've encountered the same bug. Yesterday I was reviewing on my android device and I've added a new options group and assigned it to a couple of decks. Today I've opened linux desktop version and the group was not there, decks were assigned the default group. Normal sync(from the phone) didn't upload the change either. It did with the full sync though.

13. Support Staff 13 Posted by Damien Elmes on 22 Jun, 2020 01:26 AM

I still have not been able to reproduce this - if anyone figures out the set of steps required to trigger this issue, please let me know.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac