Keyboard shortcut to autofocus to “Type Answer” Field

Nonameentered

19 Jan, 2020 05:30 PM

I’d to like to have a keyboard shortcut (maybe cmd-L?) that would let me return to the type answer field (say after I submit my answer, see I’m wrong, and want to type it again for reinforcement). Any chance this (hopefully trivial to implement) feature could be added in a future version? Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 19 Jan, 2020 10:38 PM

Hi,

I'd recommend you just use the Again button if you make a mistake, as you'll have a chance to type the card again a minute later if you're using the default settings.

2. 2 Posted by Nonameentered on 20 Jan, 2020 03:00 AM

The hope is that I can spend some time interacting with it before the next time it comes up. I know the card comes up only a minute later, but I implemented a second text field (on the back side) that works on desktop and I’ve found it helps me a lot with retention.

A keyboard shortcut (was thinking cmd-L because it’s the shortcut to focus on an address bar) is also useful if I accidentally tap out of the answer bar and want to get back into it without needing to tap back into the top.

I’m assuming there’s already code to make the type answer field the first responder as the field is auto-focused when a new card shows up, so I was thinking it would just be adding a new UIKeyCommand to call that function. I understand if you’re reluctant to implement a feature many other users wouldn’t really use, but it would be quite helpful to me for studying so I hope if its easy to implement it could be added.

Regardless, thanks for continuing to develop this great app!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 20 Jan, 2020 10:25 AM

You're right that it's not a big change, I just try to focus on changes that are often requested. I'll give it some thought in any case; thanks for the feedback :-)

4. 4 Posted by Nonameentered on 21 Jan, 2020 12:02 AM

Awesome, thanks :)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac