iOS Anki 2.0.53 "Problem" shows a delay, iPhone 11

Jeff

21 Oct, 2019 02:40 AM

iOS Anki 2.0.53 "Question" shows a delay (not "Anser"), iPhone 11 iOS 13.1.3, it feels like there is a 1 second animation, fade in and out. Can this feature be turned off? Because every time I have to review thousands of cards, the speed is very fast, and the delay makes my eyes feel uncomfortable.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 21 Oct, 2019 10:24 PM

The question fade in is 100ms, like the computer version. If you want to reduce it or turn it off, you can put the following in your card template:

Edit: see below.

2. 2 Posted by Jeff on 22 Oct, 2019 01:56 AM

It works! Thank you for your patience.

I found this forum has a lot of help information about anki, but Google can't index. Because the robots configuration of "https://anki.tenderapp.com/robots.txt" prohibits crawlers, it may be that the webmaster has set privacy considerations.

Maybe later, can add a section to turn off animation effects in "https://apps.ankiweb.net/docs/manual.html#basic-templates":
    {{FrontSide}}

<hr id=answer>

{{Back}}

Edit: see below.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 22 Oct, 2019 10:52 PM

4. 4 Posted by Ken on 25 Oct, 2019 09:20 PM

Is there another way to turn off this fade on mobile without editing every card? I use premade decks with so going thru each card is not feasible.

I have an addon on desktop to remove this fade.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Damien Elmes on 25 Oct, 2019 11:47 PM

Changing the card template will affect all cards that use the template, and once any of those cards are shown, the setting will stick for the remainder of the study session.

6. 6 Posted by M on 26 Oct, 2019 02:41 PM

This is an inconvenient step for decks that have many different card types.

I would think that fading would be a system-wide preference anyway, rather than a template-specific preference.

Accordingly, would it be possible to have the fade editable from Settings/Review?

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Damien Elmes on 26 Oct, 2019 11:19 PM

You can run the following in the debug console to disable fading on all templates:

mw.col.conf['reviewExtra']="<script>qFade=0; if (typeof anki !== 'undefined') anki.qFade=qFade;</script>"
    mw.col.setMod()

https://apps.ankiweb.net/docs/manual.html#debug-console

8. 8 Posted by M on 30 Oct, 2019 10:09 PM

Works perfectly. Thanks!!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac