Missing part in anki windows

arthur

09 Jun, 2020 10:08 PM

Hi,

I just downloaded last version of anki from ankiweb. I installed it again. I started with shift to avoid loading any add-on.
Parts of all windows are missing, as shown in the screenshot.
I am on ubuntu, with everything up to date. Normally, I've everything needed to compile anki, even if it should not be relevant here.

1. 1 Posted by arthur on 09 Jun, 2020 10:40 PM

I should note buttons still work, except that I don't know on which I click.

git checkout 2.1.26
    make run
    works. I can still use anki this way

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Damien Elmes on 09 Jun, 2020 10:47 PM

Probably related to a changed user interface size in the preferences, or some issue with Qt's high DPI support. You could try the latest alpha, which uses a newer Qt version, to see if that helps, but bear in mind you'll need to use the downgrade button if you wish to go back to an older version: https://betas.ankiweb.net/#/

3. 3 Posted by arthur on 12 Jun, 2020 08:32 PM

I just downloaded last beta and have the same trouble.
    This is actually a big trouble since it means I can't even downgrade, since the buttons do not appear. (I can actually downgrade by running from master, but that is not a solution that should be used normally)

4. 4 Posted by arthur on 12 Jun, 2020 08:38 PM

By the way, I'd be interested in knowing how to answer in the new forum. I mean, I can put a link to this thread, but that does not seems quite pratical

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Damien Elmes on 13 Jun, 2020 06:27 AM

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac