Media failing on importing apkg file

samir.yep

23 May, 2020 03:42 PM

Hi. I am trying to import apkg files, created by an app called knowclip, on Anki 2.1.26 and while the cards do import, the audio and image associated with them fail to import. Note that the audio appears as if it had been imported: [sound:JLPTN1文法!1時間これでN__202b94f8-7f08-477f-9e20-073b3b1dc9fb__00!00!06!460_00!00!09!300.mp3] but on previewing/studying the card no audio is heard (and I couldn't find the linked file in the finder anki media folder). Likewise, the image appears as a broken image icon on the anki card edit/browser screen and also doesn't appear in the finder anki media folder. I had been successfully importing the cards with media included up until a few hours ago when it suddenly stopped working. It seems to affect only the apkg files created by the knowclip app as other apkg files e.g. shared decks from ankiweb are still importing properly (including media). Note that the same knowclip apkg files are importing correctly if I open them with Anki 2.0 and then reopen my collection with 2.1.26. I have tried resetting Anki as well as Knowclip but the problem persists. Please find attached an example of an apkg file from knowclip containing one card.

Best wishes,
Samir

1. 1 Posted by Guillem Palau-S... on 24 May, 2020 10:12 AM

Guillem Palau-Salvà (contributor user)'s Avatar

Anki 2.1.26 adds changes to the database among other things. I'd suggest you to ask the knowclip developer here https://github.com/knowclip/knowclip

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Damien Elmes on 25 May, 2020 04:06 AM

The files referenced on your cards are not included in the media list, so this is a bug with the exporting application - please report it to them.

3. 3 Posted by samir.yep on 25 May, 2020 11:55 PM

Guillem and Damien, thanks for your support. I will be in contact with the knowclip developer.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac