I'm new to Anki and would like some advice please?

Brian

05 Apr, 2020 10:00 AM

Hello everyone,

I hope you are okay.

I'm hoping to learn a few languages this year, and Anki is the tool that is going to help me a lot. I created some cards recently, but I have a few issues. I used a method of saving my Google Translate words to text file, and importing them into Anki.

Initially, I chose the wrong language for the TTS and had to change it to my target language. The target language is on the back and the pronunciation is okay , but on the front whatever the word is the pronunciation is terrible. It's not at all spoken in a clear English voice. It's hard to explain in a way, but I can't find a setting to stop audio on the front card.

Also, there are duplicates on the front card. Like the word is "Man" but it is showing "Man Man", but on the back it's fine. When I look to editing the word, it's okay, it reads simply "Man" no duplicate.

I will upload the file I used to import if it will help?

I'm excited to be able to use Anki for studying languages. Thank you.

Brian

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 06 Apr, 2020 03:45 AM

Hi Brian,

The TTS functionality you're using appears to be provided by an add-on, so the best place to ask questions about it is on the add-ons section. For information on Anki's (limited) built in TTS functionality, please see

Text to speech support

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac