Keyboard Shortcut

hicks141

03 Apr, 2020 03:55 PM

Hi, up until today I've used the keyboard shortcut for Cloze Deletion "Ctrl+Shift+C" without an issue. For some reason I can't get it to work on Anki. I checked that the keys do work on my keyboard as I can complete other tasks with the same sequence of keys in other programs; however, it's not working in Anki anymore. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matthew

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 04 Apr, 2020 10:13 PM

Users who experience this problem usually find it's some other application that is monitoring the same keystroke. Assuming the issue persists after restarting your computer, I'd start hunting through apps you installed/updated recently.

2. 2 Posted by hicks141 on 22 May, 2020 03:01 PM

Hi, I've been on hiatus lately, but have come back to Anki with this same issue. I tried restarting in Safe mode, which fixed the issue. I started closing applications through task manager, one by one, and found the culprit. My video card software named, "Radeon Host process" is somehow disabling the "Ctrl" key when I'm in Anki. Unfortunately, when I close this process it stays closed for about 30 seconds then reopens automatically. I'm not sure how to get around this, short of uninstalling my video card software, which is not an option. So, is there anything else I could do to fix this issue? Thank you for your time.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 25 May, 2020 12:22 AM

No idea why it would be doing that I'm afraid - I'd suggest contacting your video card support for assistance.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac