Display issue since version 2.1.17

scintillavoy

03 Apr, 2020 12:03 PM

Hello. It seems Anki cannot display some parts properly since version 2.1.17.

Environment

Windows 10 (64 bit), Anki (version 2.1.22, 64 bit)

Problems

1. check box and radio button (checkbox.png, radiobutton.png)
    They keep distorted when a mouse pointer pass through them. I put my pointer on the check box beside 'Interrupt current audio when answering' in checkbox.png and the radio button beside 'collection' in radiobutton.png Also, when review-heatmap add-on is enabled, there are white bars in the legends of charts.

2. tag box in browser (browser_full.png, browser_small.png)
    Until previous versions, when I selected a card, browser always showed Tags box on the bottom. It still shows as it did in a big window size, but Tags box disappears when the window becomes small.

Cause

I suspect the problem occurs since version 2.1.17, when adjusting user interface option has added. It seems it is because the scaling of 'User interface size' option and the one of Windows settings (Settings → System → Display → Scale and layout → Change the size of text, apps, and other items) are different. In my case, they are 100% and 125%, respectively. When I make them equal, Anki displays properly, but I don't want to change the scaling because all the things, including Anki, become too big or small.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 04 Apr, 2020 09:53 PM

You could try turning on night mode, which will switch to a different theme that may not suffer from the rendering problems.

2. 2 Posted by scintillavoy on 05 Apr, 2020 01:59 AM

On night mode, check boxes and radio buttons are just okay because they don't react to mouseover anymore. But browser still fails to stick the tag box on the bottom and bars in statistics remain with black colors in this case.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 06 Apr, 2020 03:23 AM

Does changing your video driver help? https://changes.ankiweb.net/#/known-issues

4. 4 Posted by scintillavoy on 08 Apr, 2020 09:25 AM

No, the results were all the same.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Damien Elmes on 09 Apr, 2020 04:08 AM

The only other thing I can suggest is that you try the -alternate version on the Anki download site, as that uses an older toolkit version.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• checkbox.png 21 KB
  • radiobutton.png 372 KB
  • browser_full.png 121 KB
  • browser_small.png 47.4 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac