Anki syncing indefinitely

lilalas

26 Mar, 2020 10:10 AM

All of a sudden I’m having this weird problem that Anki is syncing indefinitely. I’ve stopped it after about an hour when it had already download over 1 GB of data; however, my collection is only 250 MB large (including media). I didn’t change anything to my system since yesterday when it was still working fine.

Restarting Anki won’t fix it; it just starts syncing indefinitely again. I’ve also disabled all add-ons for testing purposes.

At the same time, syncing AnkiMobile with the same account works just fine (takes about two seconds).

Anki 2.1.20 (47a1bf8b) Python 3.8.1 Qt 5.14.1 PyQt 5.14.1
Platform: Linux
Flags: frz=True ao=False sv=1
Add-ons, last update check: 2020-03-26 07:22:16

===Add-ons (active)===
(add-on provided name [Add-on folder, installed at, version, is config changed])

===IDs of active AnkiWeb add-ons===

===Add-ons (inactive)===
(add-on provided name [Add-on folder, installed at, version, is config changed])
gTTS text to speech support ['391644525', 2020-01-26T07:46, 'None', '']
  1. 1 Posted by lilalas on 26 Mar, 2020 10:12 AM

I can also upload system log files if that would help. However, as they contain private information such as my email address, I’d have to mark this discussion as private.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Damien Elmes on 27 Mar, 2020 05:56 AM

Please install the latest stable version and let me know if the problem persists - the media syncing was reworked in .22

3. 3 Posted by lilalas on 27 Mar, 2020 06:18 AM

And now it fixed itself again. I was just launching Anki 2.1.20 (without updating), and syncing worked as it should. Weird!

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac