Cards Disappearing or Possible Bury Related Cards Feature

Brendan Abbott

25 Mar, 2020 04:04 PM

Let's say that I open a deck that has 200 cards to study and get through ~30 of them before happening to check the remaining number of cards in the study deck. At this point, for 2 different decks, I have noticed that the remainder is suddenly down from 200 to around 50. This does not correspond to the number of cards I have actually studied.

Upon checking, there are not any new suspended cards in my collection. I am worried that these cards may be getting deleted by Anki somehow, but am hoping that they are just being rescheduled/buried...

I recently started using Bury Related Cards Until The Next Day, for the first time. I do not understand when this effect is triggered. Are related cards buried while a day's deck is created at midnight? Are the related cards buried when you first click on a deck to study it for the day? Or, are the related cards buried as you are actively going through cards while studying?

Could this be what is happening? If not, how do I tell if cards are deleted?

I have attached a screenshot of my Add Ons.

Thank you in advance.

1. 1 Posted by Brendan Abbott on 25 Mar, 2020 04:07 PM

update: I have confirmed that the deck itself does NOT have fewer cards (so they must not be being deleted, but are they being rescheduled? buried?)

2. 2 Posted by Brendan Abbott on 25 Mar, 2020 04:17 PM

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 25 Mar, 2020 11:14 PM

Hi Brendan,

That is normal - when cards are buried, the remaining card counts don't update immediately.

https://docs.ankiweb.net/#/studying?id=siblings-and-burying

4. 4 Posted by Brendan Abbott on 26 Mar, 2020 10:06 AM

Thank you!

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac