Search/select only and all new cards that don't have siblings that have already been seen before

keithcdodd

14 Feb, 2020 06:59 PM

Hello, I have a bunch of cards that I had unsuspended to study, but since I am moving onto a new unit, I want to resuspend them. However, I don't want to suspend cards that are siblings of other cards I have already seen/studied as I would like to still learn those to gain a better grasp of the cards I have already studied/seen before. I am having trouble figuring out how to do this after looking online and on the manual.

I can easily grab all the cards with "is:new -is:suspended" so that I can resuspend them, but I have no way I can figure out to also do something like "does not have a sibling that (is:due or is:learn or is:review or is:buried)" so I don't suspend the relevant siblings... (or so I can re-unsuspend them after suspending all of the is:new -is:suspended cards in general.

Thank you for the help.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 15 Feb, 2020 01:35 AM

Tags affect all cards of a note, so you can tag the due/learn/etc cards, then exclude that tag from the first search.

2. 2 Posted by keithcdodd on 19 Feb, 2020 09:42 PM

Thanks!

3. keithcdodd closed this discussion on 19 Feb, 2020 09:42 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac