Anki 2.1 doesn't work with AutoHotkey ControlSend and ControlSendRaw

exe

25 Jan, 2020 11:21 PM

I was trying to avoid updating to Anki 2.1 because I knew that it doesn't work with my script I use for sending inputs, and yet we are being forced to update to 2.1.
I use an Autohotkey script that when I press a button, it sends inputs to Anki to do my flashcards while I am still In a different window.
Now that I am forced to update to 2.1, my script no longer works.
The strange thing is that the script works when Anki is my active window, but that completely defeats the purpose.
I use this script in combination with the "right hand reviews hjkl answer shortcuts Handy Answer Keys configurable", which I edited to be left handed as I am left handed, and a macro pad that I have bound to these rather odd keybinds.

F13 & 1::
ControlSend, ,q , User 1 - Anki
return
F13 & 2::
ControlSend, ,w , User 1 - Anki
return
F13 & 3::
ControlSend, ,e , User 1 - Anki
return
F13 & 4::
ControlSend, ,r , User 1 - Anki
return
F13 & =::
ControlSend, ,{space} , User 1 - Anki
return
Inputting space works fine, however none of the other inputs work when Anki is not my active window.
I would like to find some way to use this script again as its incredibly annoying to have my script be broken due to a forced update.
I have held off in hopes that this would be fixed with a later update, but no versions of Anki 2.1 work.
This is NOT an issue with the addon I use as I should be able to use the default 1 2 3 4 keys for answering, but those also do NOT work.
  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 26 Jan, 2020 01:56 AM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac