Feature request: de-zoom picture pasted with a certain hotkey

aPaci

19 Jan, 2020 02:30 PM

I opened a post some time ago because when i copy pasted a picture from a screen capture from my screen it became huge on anki. I tried to find a solution for some time but i found nothing that worked.
https://anki.tenderapp.com/discussions/ankidesktop/37517-copy-paste...

So i came with this simple idea. A shortcut (for example ctrl+alt+v) that automatically de-zoom / resize the pasted image to a certain amount (customizable) so that when a user with a high dpi screen pasted the image, it is automatically resized to the right size. For example if when i paste a picture from screen capture it is 100% bigger than what it should be (if for example i have a 2k display), then when i copy-paste with ctrl+alt+v it is automatically rezized to -100% so it appears normal.

Would it be difficult to implement?

1. 1 Posted by aPaci on 19 Jan, 2020 03:11 PM

Here is an image I made to better explain what I'm talking about
    https://imgur.com/d2ngCYr
    However even though this is made with an external program, it is a free trial one and the only one that have this function as far as i know. Also a native built-in feature would be much better performance wise.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Damien Elmes on 19 Jan, 2020 10:26 PM

The issue is I'm not sure if it's possible or not to know whether the image on the clipboard is in high DPI or not. For the mean time, it probably is best implemented in an add-on on a separate shortcut key.

3. 3 Posted by aPaci on 20 Jan, 2020 10:42 AM

You're right, but I noticed that other programs (for example paint) are able to detect this, and to output a pasted image that it's of the right size. Would it be possible to implement something like this?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Damien Elmes on 21 Jan, 2020 08:40 AM

Whether it's feasible with the tools Anki uses, I don't know, sorry. I understand it's a pain point, I'm afraid I just don't have the time to look into it at the moment.

5. 5 Posted by aPaci on 21 Jan, 2020 10:23 AM

No problem ! Thank you very much for your reply :)

6. 6 Posted by aPaci on 27 Jan, 2020 03:27 PM

I found a fix if you want to add to your FAQ. You can just use "Snagit", and in screen capture "effects" you select "Scale image" and select the desired amount of resizing (for me it's 50%

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Damien Elmes on 28 Jan, 2020 09:11 AM

Thanks, I've added a link here on that page.

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac