Odd error: Cannot copy-paste into Add/Brower windows

xuanquansheng

17 Jan, 2020 06:46 AM

Version 2.1.16~2.1.19(test many versions)
Win10 64bit
Unfortunately,I can not copy content in Add windows neither use CTRL+C or right click.
It seems strange,initially,it works,but after some times,it failed(after 5、6times ctrl+C)
My problem alike to this discussion:https://anki.tenderapp.com/discussions/beta-testing/1014-cannot-copy-from-fields-in-anki-210beta36
I have used some software to modify the way I can copy,for example ,some mouse postures.but even if I uninstall these softwars,this problem still appear.
Why early versions don't have this problem? Even if I reinstall anki after uninstall these softwares?
WHAT can I do besides reinstall win10 system?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 17 Jan, 2020 08:57 AM

It sounds like you may still have some program running on your machine thas is monitoring the clipboard. I'm afraid the only solution is to find and stop that software, as it is causing a problem for the toolkit Anki uses.

2. 2 Posted by xuanquansheng on 17 Jan, 2020 09:12 AM

It''s so sad,but I have reseted my win10 (preserve personal files but remove all apps and settings),ithis problem still appears when I use this new win10.it is so despair!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 17 Jan, 2020 10:32 PM

That's strange - I believe every other user who reported this problem had some other software running on their machine. Sorry I don't have better news for you. :-(

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac