Studying reversed cards

Geoffrey

06 Dec, 2019 06:29 PM

Hi,

I have made all of my decks to be in the bad format, where there are no reversed cards. It has come to my attention that it would be so awesome if I could have a custom study, and reverse all the cards, just for a single study. Is this possible? I understand that I can create the duplicate reversed version, so long as I format the card to reversed (or optional reversed), but all my cards are already basic. I want to temporarily swap them for reversed. If there’s anyone who knows if this is possible, your answer is greatly appreciated!! And good luck to anyone else studying for finals!

1. 1 Posted by Vit on 06 Dec, 2019 08:56 PM

Posted here by error.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Damien Elmes on 06 Dec, 2019 10:44 PM

You can edit a card, click Cards..., then the Flip button. When you're done, repeat to switch the cards back.

3. 3 Posted by n8abx9y2qg on 07 Dec, 2019 09:28 AM

Does this keep track of the progress in each learning direction?

If you use "Basic" for all of your cards, I would suggest the following:
    1. Make a copy of the basic note type with add note type (name is irrelevant, just leave it as "copy of ..." for the time being) Extra > ...
    2. Rename your "Basic" note type (whatever you want, just not "Basic")
    3. Edit the cards of your note type (the one that was previously "Basic" but that you renamed in step 2) by adding another card. Edit the template of the new card to display the reversed order.
    4. Rename the previously copied note type (step 1) to "Basic"

Now all your notes consist of two cards in your very own card type. The advantage is that progress will be recorded seperately in each learning direction without losing prior progress information of the existing cards.

It is easy to suppress the extra cards from showing up, if you do not want or need them any longer. Just search "card:" plus name of the card in the notes browser, select them all and press Ctrl + J (needs to be repeated in case you do not want the second card for new notes either). You can also delete the second card from your note type template again, just be aware that this would also delete the progress information in the second learning direction.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Damien Elmes on 07 Dec, 2019 09:19 PM

As it's for a once-off study, flipping the cards is easier. You can prevent your answers from affecting the original scheduling by ensuring you're on the V2 scheduler, and disabling scheduling in the filtered deck options.

Experiment scheduling changes in Anki 2.1

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac