How do I delete all Anki info from computer (without deleting the server info)

Bjørn Brynemo

03 Dec, 2019 10:02 AM

Hello,

I upgraded to the latest Anki (anki-2.1.15) on my work computer a couple of days ago.
Not it takes 2-4 minutes to start (if it starts at all). At home I also have Anki, but coincidentally I reinstalled Windows 10 on it this weekend, and now Anki works great.

It seems to be the information on my work computer, that causing the problem. All my cards are stored on the computer, and I don't know where. To tell you the truth, that makes me a bit uncomfortable. My deep thoughts are stored on a computer that is not mind, and I have no idea how to delete it.

So where are the files? How to I totally wipe the work computer free of Anki information, so I then hopefully can install it, and it works smood, just as it does at home.

regards
Bjørn Brynemo

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 03 Dec, 2019 08:15 PM

Slowdowns could be caused by the antivirus program running on your machine, or add-ons you have installed. Deleting your Anki data will not delete the contents of your AnkiWeb account, but unless the problem is caused by an add-on, I'm not sure it will help.

https://apps.ankiweb.net/docs/manual.html#file-locations

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac