Duplicate not detected on paste.

James

10 Jul, 2013 03:04 PM

I'm using Mac OSX 10.8.3, Anki 2.0.11. Not tested on any other OSes.

Description:

If you paste the contents of an existing card into a new card, the duplicate detection doesn't occur.

Steps to replicate:

Copy the "front" field from an existing card of the default type and paste it into the "front" field in the add dialogue. The field should not turn red to indicate a duplicate.

Delete the contents of that field and retype them in though and the exact same contents will highlight in red.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 11 Jul, 2013 04:28 AM

Please use command+shift+x to show the HTML of the field you're copying from and the html of the field after pasting, and see if they differ.

2. 2 Posted by James on 11 Jul, 2013 04:47 AM

It looks like a difference with the paste around html tags and not the detection itself.

From the paste:
    Ses bras étaient&nbsp;<b>parcourus</b>&nbsp;par la chair de poule

The original:
    Ses bras étaient <b>parcourus</b> par la chair de poule

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Damien Elmes on 11 Jul, 2013 12:27 PM

Thanks for the report; this has been fixed in the latest beta.

4. 4 Posted by James on 29 Jul, 2013 08:47 PM

In 2.0.12 the duplicates are being detected. The following two cards were highlighted as duplicates (as expected):

et enfila ses&nbsp;mitaines&nbsp;en <b>laine</b>

et enfila ses <b>mitaines</b> en laine

However the non-breaking spaces are still inserted during the paste. It's not ideal, but it's not a huge deal.

5. 5 Posted by James on 29 Jul, 2013 09:08 PM

After working with 2.0.12 some more I found a case where the duplicate is not detected immediately.

First create a card with a front like this one:

Elle acheta deux&nbsp;ballots&nbsp;de&nbsp;feuillage, négocia&nbsp;âprement&nbsp;le prix des tulipes, des pâquerettes et des camélias, mais <b>céda</b> sur trois bottes

Copy that and paste it in the front field of the new card dialog. The duplicate will be detected and the field will be highlighted.

Then command-a to select all, command-b twice to bold and unbold. Then command-x to cut and wait for the field to un-highlight.

Finally hit command-v to paste. The duplicate will not be detected. Only after moving the cursor or switching focus to another field will the detection happen and the field get highlighted.

I know it's a bit nit-picky, but I just wanted to be thorough.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Damien Elmes on 30 Jul, 2013 01:31 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

7. Soren Bjornstad closed this discussion on 20 Aug, 2013 06:32 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac