Anki inconveniently adds reversed cards to the end of the new card queue

kian

08 Sep, 2015 08:30 AM

I have downloaded a shared deck of 500 notes to learn hebrew. the cards are hebrew to English. but I also want reversed cards ( English to Hebrew)
The problem is when I modified the note to produce reverse cards, they were added to the end of the new cards queue and will not be asked until I am done learning the 500 hebrew to English cards. This is inconvenient. Does any one know How I should put the English to Hebrew cards right after their Hebrew to English counterpart ( in the same note ) in the new cards queue?

It crossed my mind that I should reset card times using this add on: https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1348853407
But the problem is that the deck that I have downloaded is ordered by lessons and I want to learn easy words first I do not want to completely destroy the order but rather I want the reversed cards to be asked the day after the front cards of the same note.

PS:
I have asked the same question in this thread https://anki.tenderapp.com/discussions/effective-learning/680-anki-inconviniently-adds-new-reversed-cards-at-the-end-of-the-deck but since this was the wrong forum I asked the question here too.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Damien Elmes on 08 Sep, 2015 09:07 AM

When you add new card types after the fact, the newly created cards will have later due numbers. You can correct this by selecting both forward&reverse cards and using the Edit>Reposition option in the Browse screen.

2. 2 Posted by Kian on 08 Sep, 2015 11:32 AM

Thanks Damien, I sorted the cards by the date created (so that the original order would not be lost) and re-positioned the cards as per your instructions.

3. 3 Posted by Soren Bjornstad on 08 Sep, 2015 01:38 PM

You're welcome!

4. Soren Bjornstad closed this discussion on 08 Sep, 2015 01:38 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac