Image Occlusion Enhanced [Official thread]

Glutanimate

13 Oct, 2016 12:25 AM

This is the new official support thread for Image Occlusion Enhanced (old thread). From now on please direct all of your questions about the add-on here.

Thank you!

Showing page 8 out of 9. View the first page

1. 211 Posted by sebastian on 25 Apr, 2019 04:55 AM

can an image be rotated??

2. 212 Posted by Delia on 25 Apr, 2019 01:29 PM

Cannot add arrow to the line i draw. Maybe fix this in the future? Thank you!

Error
    An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
    If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools>Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
    When you've discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue on the add-ons section of our support site.
    Debug info:
    Anki 2.1.11 (3cf770c7) Python 3.6.7 Qt 5.12.1 PyQt 5.11.3
    Platform: Windows 10
    Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=1

Caught exception:
      File "aqt\webview.py", line 314, in handler
      File "C:\Users\Delia\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1374772155\add.py", line 307, in <lambda>
        lambda val, choice=choice: self._onEditNotesButton(choice, val))
      File "C:\Users\Delia\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1374772155\add.py", line 323, in _onEditNotesButton
        r = gen.updateNotes()
      File "C:\Users\Delia\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1374772155\ngen.py", line 109, in updateNotes
        (svg_node, mlayer_node) = self._getMnodesAndSetIds(True)
      File "C:\Users\Delia\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1374772155\ngen.py", line 190, in _getMnodesAndSetIds
        mask_doc = minidom.parseString(self.new_svg.encode('utf-8'))
    <class 'AttributeError'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'

3. 213 Posted by Teo on 25 Apr, 2019 11:11 PM

Hi, I have a suggestion/question:

Is it possible to make a new card formation type? I.e. you put blocks in a specific order, and in cards they get removed one by one. For example, at first everything is covered, then the first one is uncovered, then the first two, then the first three etc, while everything else is covered.

Thank you

4. 214 Posted by Jonas on 09 May, 2019 12:10 PM

Hi there!
    First of all - thank you so much for your hard work. This add-on literally changed the way I study medicine.
    I have one small question/suggestion about the "Text-tool" when creating cards:
    Sometimes when I design cards with IOE and I hide a bit of information with e.g. a rectangle I want to give myself a hint what has been covered. But when I use the text tool to write something it creates a seperate card out of the text I added instead of adding and not hiding the text on all the cards I create.
    For example I used my professors slides to create cards for microbiology. And when I have a bacterium in the slide I create multiple rectangles to hide things like pathogenic factors, size, diseases caused by the bacterium etc. - but when I create "Show one, guess one" cards I have no idea if I have to answer the diseases or any other information I have hidden so I write myself a little text note with IOE under the rectangle to tell me what I have to answer. But instead of showing on all cards I get extra cards that don't help me at all.
    I'm a little uncertain if this is a bug or a feature - but if I may suggest adding a simple text tool to show on all cards created without creating extra cards for the text added that'd be great!

I hope I made my point clear and my request was understandable - my English got a little rusty over time :)

Have a good one and thanks again for all of your hard work :)

5. 215 Posted by Katharina on 17 May, 2019 12:59 PM

Hey there,
    Thank you so much for establishing this amazing learning opportunity!
    I have an issue downloading the Image occlusion enhanced add-on. I had already used it in the past, but then I had to delete Anki and all the add-ons. Now, when I try downloading the Add-on, this error pops up. Do you have any idea how I could solve this problem and download the Add-on, because I loved it in the first place.

Thanks

6. 216 Posted by Glutanimate on 17 May, 2019 04:50 PM

@Katharina:

Having reinstalled Anki you're now likely using Anki 2.1 which is the new and updated version of the app. Because a lot of things have changed under the hood with this new version, you need to download a separate release of the add-on that you can find here. It's still in testing, but has been very stable for me.

Here is a list of all add-ons available on Anki 2.1, just in case there are others you need to reinstall as well: https://ankiweb.net/shared/addons/2.1

Hope that helps!

@Jonas:

I think I answered this on Reddit, but let me know if you still have any questions.

@everyone else:

Sorry that I haven't been able to get back to you, yet. I haven't had a lot of time to deal with support requests recently. I will try to reply to you soon.

7. 217 Posted by Katharina on 19 May, 2019 05:33 AM

@Glutanimate
    this worked. Thank you so much =)

8. 218 Posted by Omar on 13 Jul, 2019 02:40 AM

I get this error when adding text and line with the pen tool in the labels layer. Once i hit the format of the card "Hide all, show one" i get this error message.

Error
    An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
    If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools>Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
    When you've discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue on the add-ons section of our support site.
    Debug info:
    Anki 2.1.11 (3cf770c7) Python 3.6.7 Qt 5.12.1 PyQt 5.11.3
    Platform: Mac 10.14.5
    Add-ons possibly involved: Image Occlusion Enhanced for Anki 21 alpha

Caught exception:
      File "aqt/webview.py", line 314, in handler
      File "/Users/omar/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1374772155/add.py", line 268, in <lambda>
        lambda val, choice=choice, close=close: self._onAddNotesButton(choice, close, val))
      File "/Users/omar/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1374772155/add.py", line 283, in _onAddNotesButton
        r = gen.generateNotes()
      File "/Users/omar/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1374772155/ngen.py", line 80, in generateNotes
        (svg_node, layer_node) = self._getMnodesAndSetIds()
      File "/Users/omar/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1374772155/ngen.py", line 190, in _getMnodesAndSetIds

9. 219 Posted by Lukas on 18 Jul, 2019 07:34 AM

Hello! First of all, awesome Add On.I use it every day. I have bug where cards which I have studied before will show up as 'new' the next day, how can I change that?

10. 220 Posted by Image Occlusion... on 25 Jul, 2019 10:17 PM

Image Occlusion Picture direction on iphone 's Avatar

The picture on the computer is in the right direction
    But the picture displayed on the iphone is not the same direction,and the position of the occlusion is incorrect.
    How can I correct it?
    Thank you

11. 221 Posted by Ray on 30 Jul, 2019 11:54 AM

when Add TTS Audio to note:

Cannot preview the input phrase with these settings.

<urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:847)>

12. 222 Posted by Glutanimate on 30 Jul, 2019 07:02 PM

@Omar:

Thanks for the report, and sorry about the inconvenience. The pencil tool is broken in the version of the masks editor the add-on currently ships with. I'm hoping to fix this soon by upgrading to a newer version of the editor. Until then I would recommend sticking to rectangles, lines, and text labels (some other advanced editing tools are also broken).

@Lukas:

I think I answered you here?: https://www.reddit.com/r/Anki/comments/cepehr/image_occlusion_bug_o...

But I'm not sure if you ever saw my message since I never got a reply back.

@Image Occlusion:

This is a general issue with image orientation in Anki and many other apps. Please see here for more info: https://www.howtogeek.com/254830/why-your-photos-dont-always-appear...

@Ray:

It looks like you posted in the wrong thread. I would recommend posting a new thread here, so that the AwesomeTTS devs can see it: https://anki.tenderapp.com/discussions/add-ons

13. 223 Posted by Andrew Cowan on 07 Aug, 2019 08:37 PM

When I import a picture (from clipboard), I see the attached picture and have to zoom in extensively to work with it and it is very inconvenient. This did not happen before I updated to the enhanced occlusion, or the new anki program on windows 10.

Thank you for your help.

14. 224 Posted by Tia on 09 Aug, 2019 02:48 PM

Hi,
    An error occurred when holding down the shift button. When I pressed hide one, guess one, this error page appeared.

Debug info:
    Anki 2.1.14 (7b93e985) Python 3.6.7 Qt 5.12.1 PyQt 5.11.3
    Platform: Mac 10.14.5

Caught exception:
      File "aqt/webview.py", line 322, in handler
      File "/Users/tiawhite/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1374772155/add.py", line 268, in <lambda>
        lambda val, choice=choice, close=close: self._onAddNotesButton(choice, close, val))
      File "/Users/tiawhite/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1374772155/add.py", line 283, in _onAddNotesButton
        r = gen.generateNotes()
      File "/Users/tiawhite/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1374772155/ngen.py", line 80, in generateNotes
        (svg_node, layer_node) = self._getMnodesAndSetIds()
      File "/Users/tiawhite/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1374772155/ngen.py", line 190, in _getMnodesAndSetIds

15. 225 Posted by Glutanimate on 10 Aug, 2019 03:37 PM

@Andrew:

Thanks for the report. I am aware of this issue and will try to fix it in the upcoming beta/stable release of the add-on.

As a workaround for the time being you could use the "Fit" button on the left to semi-automatically fit the image to the canvas without having to manually adjust the zoom level.

@Tia:

It's hard to say for sure from the error message, but messages like this usually occur when the add-on has trouble parsing the drawn mask. With the current alpha release of the add-on, this is usually the case when using tools other than rectangle shapes and simple lines / text labels. My recommendation would be to stick to these for now (rather than using the freehand shape or polygon tools for instance).

I'm working on fixing this, but it's not as easy as it requires fixes in upstream components such as the masks editor (i.e. the bug here is not in Image Occlusion's code, but the third-party component used to provide the image editing interface).

16. 226 Posted by Zack Patton on 10 Aug, 2019 04:27 PM

I am trying to add on the image occlusion enhanced and it is not letting me add on due to an error saying invalid code or add on not available in your version of Anki. I have downloaded the Anki 2.1 windows version on your main website and wondering what I need to do to add on image occlusion enhanced. Thank you.

17. 227 Posted by Lauren on 16 Aug, 2019 02:44 AM

I keep getting this error when trying to create an image occlusion card. This add on previously worked but is no longer working. THanks!

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\firstname.lastname\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons\image_occlusion_enhanced\dialogs.py", line 226, in addAA
        mw.ImgOccAdd.onAddNotesButton("aa", close)
      File "C:\Users\firstname.lastname\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons\image_occlusion_enhanced\main.py", line 238, in onAddNotesButton
        r = gen.generateNotes()
      File "C:\Users\firstname.lastname\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons\image_occlusion_enhanced\ngen.py", line 81, in generateNotes
        ( svg_node, layer_node ) = self._getMnodesAndSetIds()
      File "C:\Users\firstname.lastname\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons\image_occlusion_enhanced\ngen.py", line 190, in _getMnodesAndSetIds
      File "xml\dom\minidom.py", line 1927, in parseString
      File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\PyInstaller-3.1.1-py2.7.egg\PyInstaller\loader\pyimod03_importers.py", line 389, in load_module
      File "xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 32, in <module>
      File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\PyInstaller-3.1.1-py2.7.egg\PyInstaller\loader\pyimod03_importers.py", line 389, in load_module
      File "xml\parsers\expat.py", line 4, in <module>
    ImportError: No module named pyexpat

18. 228 Posted by Glutanimate on 16 Aug, 2019 04:20 AM

@Zack:

You need to use the download for Anki 2.1: https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1374772155

@Lauren:

Not sure what's wrong there, exactly, but have you tried reinstalling the add-on? Outside of that I'm afraid there's not much I can suggest, as Anki 2.0 is no longer supported. My general recommendation at this point would be to upgrade to Anki 2.1 for which there is a much improved version of the add-on. Please note, however, that some add-ons might not yet be fully compatible with Anki 2.1.

19. 229 Posted by lew80 on 20 Aug, 2019 03:08 AM

Toggle masks is missing from my image occlusion cards. How do I make it show up again? I have anki 2.1

20. 230 Posted by Reid on 23 Aug, 2019 03:17 AM

Hey everyone. Every time I try to occlude an image, I keep getting the following error message:

"Error
    Debug info:
    Anki 2.1.14 (7b93e985) Python 3.6.1 Qt 5.9.7 PyQt 5.9
    Platform: Mac 10.14.6

Caught exception:
      File "/Users/chusilalee/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1374772155/main.py", line 156, in <lambda>
        lambda _, u=path, e=self.editor: onImgOccButton(e, image_path=u))
      File "/Users/chusilalee/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1374772155/main.py", line 78, in onImgOccButton
        self.imgoccadd.occlude(image_path)
      File "/Users/chusilalee/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1374772155/add.py", line 88, in occlude
        width, height = imageProp(image_path)
      File "/Users/chusilalee/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1374772155/utils.py", line 64, in imageProp
        doc = svg_file.read()
      File "/Users/dae/Local/py59/lib/python3.6/encodings/ascii.py", line 26, in decode
    <class 'UnicodeDecodeError'>: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xce in position 90974: ordinal not in range(128)"

I already deleted the image occlusion add-on and reinstalled it but it's still not working. Please help. Thanks!

21. 231 Posted by svenaerts228 on 03 Oct, 2019 02:32 AM

We're studying geography. Imagine a map with a highway, the cities it goes through, I add the highway's number - put it in white, but then cannot "fill" the background to green? Thy

I found a workaround by opening the "Layers" pane and then in Masks or Labels, choose "labels", put a rectangle and move it under the highway's number in white.

Request 1: add a text edit button allowing to set the background colour.
    Request 2: the slider for the pane and the up/down slider overlap too much so move them apart a bit.

22. 232 Posted by davesneurons on 21 Oct, 2019 03:10 PM

Hi,

first of all thanks a lot for this add-on! My question would be if it's possible to have sequential image occlusions like in cloze overlapper for text based cards?

I'd like to create that for treatment algorithms in emergency medicine (BLS, ACLS etc).

Thank you in advance and all the best,
    David

23. 233 Posted by nicole on 06 Dec, 2019 06:47 PM

Hi there,

I was just wondering if there is a way to change the opacity of a label to semi-transparent instead of just completely disappearing for the back card? The diagrams I study have a lot of parts, however, not all them are required to know so I usually do not cover them. So on very complicated diagrams, sometimes it can be difficult to remember which part was actually covered. If this is not a feature, I think this would be a great suggestion.

Thanks!

24. 234 Posted by Andy on 10 Jan, 2020 07:08 PM

Hi. When I use the image occulsion, it keeps on going to one deck that I initially used and it doesn't change to my wanted deck.

ex) It keeps adding to PSYCO 275 even when I change the deck to PMCOL 200.
    How can I fix this? Please email me!

25. 235 Posted by Jo on 10 Jan, 2020 11:10 PM

Hi, when I try to use the path tool, the initial blue dot appears but I cannot seem to draw a free form shape i.e. cannot use the path tool at all. The rectangle square tool, however, works fine so I can draw rectangles. I was wondering how i fix the path tool error?

26. 236 Posted by Beth on 21 Jan, 2020 07:52 PM

Hi there. Most of my image occlusion cards work great, but some of them don't change color to indicate the specific question, and when I click show answer nothing is revealed.

27. 237 Posted by David on 04 Feb, 2020 03:43 AM

Hi! I have the exact same problem as Jo and it is a big issue. Please let me/us know how to get a functional path tool.

Jo's Comment:
    "Hi, when I try to use the path tool, the initial blue dot appears but I cannot seem to draw a free form shape i.e. cannot use the path tool at all. The rectangle square tool, however, works fine so I can draw rectangles. I was wondering how i fix the path tool error?"

28. 238 Posted by Pierre on 12 Feb, 2020 03:23 PM

Hi!

I have IO and have the new Anki platform and new IO beta update but my cards won't add to any decks!?

I've had IO on the old Anki and it was not working with that (but when I first got Anki I was able to add photos without a problem) so that's why I tried updating.

When I add a photo, I use the occlusion tool and click hide and a message says "card added" but it is no where in my deck? Am I loading the images wrong onto IO ? I can't figure out why it isn't adding to my decks.

Thanks

29. 239 Posted by semperfidopup on 18 Feb, 2020 02:05 AM

Hey Glutanimate, I absolutely love your add-ons and appreciate the hard work you've put into them.

Since sometime late last year, my image occlusion masks don't stay put. If I open the image editor they appear over the image where I want them, but when studying the card they are shifted down. I've deleted and reinstalled both Anki and the Image Occlusion Enhanced add-on, and neither of these have worked. I've gotten around the problem by drawing masks a lot bigger than they need to be, but this is becoming unmanageable with diagrams I need to know and I'm realizing I will be in trouble when I start med school this year if it remains like this.

Do you have any ideas as to how this could be fixed? It may indeed be user error, because I'm not super computer savvy, but I usually know my way around Anki pretty well. I use the Anki app on an iPhone SE and a Dell laptop on WIndows 10.

I've attached a sample images (one in the editor, one during studying) of a simple diagram so you can see what's up. This particular example actually hasn't moved too much; some move a lot farther down until the word is completely revealed.

Thank you so much!

30. 240 Posted by semperfidopup on 18 Feb, 2020 02:17 AM

Sorry for the double post, but here's maybe a clearer example of what's going on.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac