Image Occlusion Enhanced [Official thread]

Glutanimate

13 Oct, 2016 12:25 AM

This is the new official support thread for Image Occlusion Enhanced (old thread). From now on please direct all of your questions about the add-on here.

Thank you!

Showing page 6 out of 9. View the first page

1. 151 Posted by ewntbh on 10 Oct, 2017 01:45 PM

An error occurred in an add-on.
    Please post on the add-on forum:
    https://anki.tenderapp.com/discussions/add-ons

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\Vi�nja\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons\image_occlusion_enhanced\dialogs.py", line 224, in addAO
        mw.ImgOccAdd.onAddNotesButton("ao", close)
      File "C:\Users\Vi�nja\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons\image_occlusion_enhanced\main.py", line 238, in onAddNotesButton
        r = gen.generateNotes()
      File "C:\Users\Vi�nja\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons\image_occlusion_enhanced\ngen.py", line 81, in generateNotes
        ( svg_node, layer_node ) = self._getMnodesAndSetIds()
      File "C:\Users\Vi�nja\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons\image_occlusion_enhanced\ngen.py", line 190, in _getMnodesAndSetIds
        mask_doc = minidom.parseString(self.new_svg.encode('utf-8'))
      File "xml\dom\minidom.py", line 1930, in parseString
      File "xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 940, in parseString
      File "xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 223, in parseString
    xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: syntax error: line 1, column 0

2. 152 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 17 Oct, 2017 11:30 AM

Hey there

So i have two weird things:

First:
    One some of my images, the image disappears when showing the answer. All the added occlusions and stuff are still there but the image is gone.

Second:
    If i click on google masks it sometimes reveals all the occlusions and sometimes let everything disappear except the image. Whats up with that? And whats the wanted feature in the first place?

Thanks

P.S. Are you still aware of my email? Thanks

3. 153 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 18 Oct, 2017 02:33 PM

And now theres a real problem:
    The man editor doesn't work for me anymore. The tool bar at the bottom is gone, so i cant add cards, as the button is gone.
    I tried to reinstall the addon, but same thing thing.
    Maybe that has something to do with macOS high sierra? I recently upgraded.
    Any ideas?
    I really need that add on or I'll surely fail anatomy exams.. oh boi.

4. 154 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 18 Oct, 2017 02:39 PM

Okay. Switching profiles worked. Now its normal again. phew.

5. 155 Posted by Glutanimate on 18 Oct, 2017 03:02 PM

@ewntbh:

Did this error message just come up once or is it something you can reliably reproduce? If so, could you tell me which steps you took before the error came up?

Re: macOS issues in general

I'm sorry guys, I don't have a Mac, so I can only provide limited support for that platform. If anyone else here knowledgeable about using Anki on Macs and Image Occlusion specifically could chime in, I'd appreciate that.

Seeing how there have been quite a few reports about compatibility issues with macOS High Sierra, I'd especially like to know if these are just sporadic occurrences, possible dependent on individual hardware/software configurations, or generally reproducible issues caused by the upgrade.

In any case, if you ever run into these issues again please try to restart Anki. It's not a cure-all, but it can fix a lot of problems temporarily.

@Rahul:

How exactly would you characterize that glitchiness? E.g.: Do the rectangles appear at the wrong position on the image? Are they difficult/impossible to resize, etc?

Could you please test if this only happens when using the touchpad? I suspect this might have to do with IO's long-standing issues with touch interfaces: https://github.com/glutanimate/image-occlusion-enhanced/wiki/Troubl...

@ Fin

Glad to hear that the issue is gone, although it would have been nice to fix it for good. For now let's just keep monitoring the situation and if something weird happens again we can try to investigate this properly. Just in case the toolbar disappears again today or over the next days: It would be very helpful if you posted a screenshot, just so that I can see which widgets or layouts are affected exactly.

One some of my images, the image disappears when showing the answer. All the added occlusions and stuff are still there but the image is gone.

Does this issue still persist on the new profile? If so, please try restoring the card template of the affected note type to the defaults: https://github.com/glutanimate/image-occlusion-enhanced/wiki/Troubl.... (If the issue is restricted to some cards, I suspect that they might be using an altered note type).

If none of the above applies, I could take a look myself, if you'd like. Just move some of the affected cards into a temporary deck, export it as an APKG file, and attach it here. I'll try to give it a look once I find the time. (or if you're not comfortable sharing your cards here you could also send the APKG to me directly).

If i click on google masks it sometimes reveals all the occlusions and sometimes let everything disappear except the image

The toggle allows you to switch between showing or hiding all occlusion masks. It's meant to allow you to take a quick peek at the entire image when the need arises.

Yes, I'm aware of your email. I'm sorry, but I only have very limited time to answer individual support requests, and there's a lot of stuff I have to wade through, still, before I can get to your message.

In any case, best of luck on your anatomy exams! Hope everything goes well.

6. 156 Posted by Eduardo on 28 Oct, 2017 11:32 PM

Hello, I have a question regarding "toggle masks" in ankidroid. In image occlusion editor on pc, I add labels to the labels layer and then I cover them with rectangles on the masks layer. It works great except when I say "toggle masks". All the masks and the labels disappear. So especially on ankidroid it's really a problem for me. What can I do to avoid this? I only want the "masks" to disappear, not the "labels" which are added to labels layer. Maybe I'm adding the labels wrong?

7. 157 Posted by Markus on 14 Nov, 2017 06:42 PM

Hi, first of all thanks for this plugin ( Image Occlusion Enhanced). It's maybe the best and most useful!!! I noticed that there's a problem when I add an occlusion shape, delete it and continue adding new occlusion shapes afterwards (editor not closed in between). The deleted shapes seem to trigger the creation of a corresponding number of "ghost cards" where all shapes are occluded and there is basically no indication which image part should be reviewed. Nothing is marked in the answer mask as well. I can delete the note but when I change the set with the IOE plugin (e.g. add infos to a field) it reappears. Could you please look into this? Thanks and kind regards, Markus

8. 158 Posted by ValSaint on 15 Nov, 2017 04:12 PM

Hi, when I try to use image occlusion, this is the message that I get:

An error occurred in an add-on.
    Please post on the add-on forum:
    https://anki.tenderapp.com/discussions/add-ons

File "C:\Users\Val�rie\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons\image_occlusion_enhanced\main.py", line 361, in <lambda>
        lambda o=self: onImgOccButton(self, "add"),
      File "C:\Users\Val�rie\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons\image_occlusion_enhanced\main.py", line 355, in onImgOccButton
        mw.ImgOccAdd.selImage(oldimg)
      File "C:\Users\Val�rie\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons\image_occlusion_enhanced\main.py", line 92, in selImage
        image_path = self.getImage(parent=self.ed.parentWindow)
      File "C:\Users\Val�rie\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons\image_occlusion_enhanced\main.py", line 114, in getImage
        return unicode(image_path)
    UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 12: ordinal not in range(128)

Can you help me?
    Thanks

9. 159 Posted by Corentin Rollet on 14 Dec, 2017 05:11 PM

Hi !
    I noticied that the cards made with the addon were not displayed in the desk view of the browser... It makes it quite difficult to modify somes cards... Do you have an idea ?

10. 160 Posted by J on 15 Jan, 2018 11:57 PM

Perhaps I missed it the method, but is there a way to toggle masks in the editor window?

When editing notes, the thumbnail is too small to read the underlying text, and opening the note in editor shows rectangles covering all the answers. It'd be nice to be able to have a way to toggle masks while editing notes so that you can check what's underneath the colored rectangles.

11. 161 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 09 Feb, 2018 06:48 PM

Hi

I crated some extra fields in the IO note type and it worked perfectly till now: If i now want to change any of the fields i get the error below. (I just changed the field "Name" to "NameS") Whats happening there? What can i do? I would like to avoid re-downloading the addon as it would be quite a lot of work to get all my cards working again.

File "/Users/Fin/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons/image_occlusion_enhanced/main.py", line 361, in <lambda>
        lambda o=self: onImgOccButton(self, "add"),
      File "/Users/Fin/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons/image_occlusion_enhanced/main.py", line 355, in onImgOccButton
        mw.ImgOccAdd.selImage(oldimg)
      File "/Users/Fin/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons/image_occlusion_enhanced/main.py", line 98, in selImage
        self.callImgOccEdit()
      File "/Users/Fin/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons/image_occlusion_enhanced/main.py", line 156, in callImgOccEdit
        mw.ImgOccEdit.resetWindow()
      File "/Users/Fin/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons/image_occlusion_enhanced/dialogs.py", line 257, in resetWindow
        self.resetAllFields()
      File "/Users/Fin/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons/image_occlusion_enhanced/dialogs.py", line 363, in resetAllFields
        self.resetMainFields()
      File "/Users/Fin/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons/image_occlusion_enhanced/dialogs.py", line 359, in resetMainFields
        self.tedit[fn].setPlainText("")
    KeyError: u'NameS'

12. 162 Posted by Glutanimate on 09 Feb, 2018 07:11 PM

@Fin:

Thanks for the report!

So it looks like this is a bug in how the add-on reads in added fields.
    Right now it only does this once per session, so if the field names
    suddenly change the add-on will get confused. Things work fine for all of
    the default fields which is probably why this bug went undiscovered for so
    long.

Restarting Anki should clear things up for now (restarting is always a good
    approach with things like this!). I will be pushing a fix for this in the
    next release. You can track its status here:
    https://github.com/glutanimate/image-occlusion-enhanced/issues/48

13. 163 Posted by Justin Tong on 09 Feb, 2018 10:43 PM

I figured it out: press w for wireframe mode to see what's underneath the
    rectangles.

Thanks for looking into it though!
    Justin

14. 164 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 23 Feb, 2018 01:26 PM

Nice @Glutanimate! Restart did work

A weird thing to add after exploring it a bit more: Sometimes it fails in the process of selecting a image to work with, sometimes it fails later when i wanna click "edit". Same bug report iirc.

15. 165 Posted by jamesxxx1997 on 24 Feb, 2018 06:42 AM

I have this error on IO2

File "C:\Users\d0351\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons\image_occlusion_enhanced\dialogs.py", line 221, in addAO
        mw.ImgOccAdd.onAddNotesButton("ao", close)
      File "C:\Users\d0351\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons\image_occlusion_enhanced\main.py", line 229, in onAddNotesButton
        gen = noteGenerator(self.ed, svg, self.image_path,
    AttributeError: 'ImgOccAdd' object has no attribute 'image_path'

16. 166 Posted by Glutanimate on 24 Feb, 2018 09:56 AM

@Fin:

Glad that the restart worked. Thanks for the added details. These will be helpful in tracking this down.

@james:

Thanks for the report. Could you please briefly outline the steps the lead to this error message appearing? Can you reproduce this if you follow the same steps, or did it just happen once?

17. 167 Posted by Alex W. on 24 Feb, 2018 12:08 PM

18. 168 Posted by Edward Jones on 06 Mar, 2018 11:25 PM

Thank you for great work. is it possible to create patch to use exisitng in IO Enhanced similar to the one for IO2
    https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1337816920
    thanks

19. 169 Posted by Glutanimate on 08 Mar, 2018 09:45 PM

@Alex:

I'm not sure if you meant to type a reply, but it looks like your message wasn't sent.

@Edward:

Thanks for the suggestion! I've already worked this in for the next major release of the add-on.

20. 170 Posted by kimdohun1205 on 20 Mar, 2018 11:48 PM

I can upload images to a regular note card .but after click image icon and choose image,Image file does not appear on occlusion enhanced editor.

The content of this eagle is the same as my current situation.

https://anki.tenderapp.com/discussions/add-ons/7636-image-occlusion

I've already tried deleting or rebooting

It is possible, that path to the profile contain non-Latin characters. If so, try to change path to the profile in the settings. A shorter path, like c:\ankidata could make add-on work.

I do not understand it as a Google translator. Could you tell me how to change the path to a picture or video? my mail is [email blocked] or [email blocked]
    Please help me

21. 171 Posted by Glutanimate on 21 Mar, 2018 01:12 PM

@Kim: I am currently working on porting the add-on to Anki 2.1. As part of this change, hopefully I will be able to address this issue.

In the meantime please see here for instructions on how to set up a custom Anki profile location: https://apps.ankiweb.net/docs/manual.html#startup-options. After this change, please also make sure that the images you are trying to import contain latin characters only (that is both in their file name, and in their full directory path on your hard drive).

(For what it's worth, this problem has been difficult to track down because – for whatever reason – I have had trouble reproducing it on my end. It seems that only some non-latin character sets produce it, while others don't. I will see if I can set up a Windows profile with a Korean user name).

P.S.: In the future please only use this thread / these forums for filing your support requests. You have literally contacted me through four different social media channels in the past 12 hours alone. While I do understand your frustration, you have to give me some time to respond first.

22. 172 Posted by dh Kim on 22 Mar, 2018 11:36 AM

Sorry, I checked yesterday, but I got the account name in English in
    Windows 7.
    I logged off and tried to use korean as an English account but it was only
    an English account.
    In Windows 10, even if you have an account name in English, @ is in your
    email account.

23. 173 Posted by mike on 23 Mar, 2018 05:15 PM

UPDATE 3/25/18: Ignore this post, issue solved & back on track!

OK, so I must've nicked something,I have built several image occlusion enhanced cards that continue to perform, but in the last edit/add session the IOE button upper right tool pallet vanished, even though Image Occlusion Enhanced card type has been selected, does this mean reinstalling the plug-in? Tried starting with a new deck, didn’t help. Some dumb setting I probably trampled, but it's driving me crazy! What happened to my IOE tool pallet?

24. 174 Posted by justinbrandt92 on 28 Mar, 2018 09:21 PM

I'm having trouble suspending cards/notes of the IO type. If I suspend a card, the corresponding mask remains in the note. If I do command + ! to suspend the entire note, it only suspends the individual mask (card)--other "sister" cards remain in my review. Are there settings to remedy this or has this been considered before?

I typically create too many masks when first Ankifying a source with IO. Over time, I trim down these cards by suspending/deleting overly detailed and repetitive notes. I'm not able to do this efficiently with IO like I can with other note types due to the issue stated above.

25. 175 Posted by Rahul Varghese on 28 Mar, 2018 09:23 PM

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 28, 2018, at 17:22, justinbrandt92 <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:

26. 176 Posted by azngangsta93 on 29 Mar, 2018 01:08 AM

My image occlusion enhanced cards aren't showing up in my deck after I make them. What am I doing wrong?

27. 177 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 02 Apr, 2018 12:09 PM

i mentioned this bug a while back but i didnt post a pic. here it is
    Theres no way for me to the the lower third of that pic, nor all the io stuff thats down there

28. 178 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 14 Apr, 2018 05:01 PM

its zooming out automatically when the back side is shown. would be nice if i could prevent that as i have to zoom in again to read the answer as they are often very small.

29. 179 Posted by Gabriel on 13 May, 2018 11:12 AM

Is it possible to use this add-on to edit the image on an old card or do you have to creative a new card to be able to use it?

I have about 3000 "old" cards in anki, so this feasture would be very useful to me!

30. 180 Posted by lindsaymlynarek on 14 May, 2018 07:31 PM

HI, does anyone know how to make the "question mask" color the same as the color you selected when editing?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac