Image Occlusion Enhanced [Official thread]

Glutanimate's Avatar

Glutanimate

13 Oct, 2016 12:25 AM

This is the new official support thread for Image Occlusion Enhanced (old thread). From now on please direct all of your questions about the add-on here.

Thank you!

Showing page 5 out of 9. View the first page

  1. 121 Posted by RG on 04 Jul, 2017 11:53 PM

    RG's Avatar

    Hello,

    First, I'd like to say a massive thank you to the Image Occlusion team! The add-on has been an instrumental tool in my time as a medical student.

    I recently got a new machine (Lenovo Carbon X1 running Windows 10), and downloaded Anki 2.0.44 with the April, 2017 version of Image Occlusion Enhanced. I watched glutaminate's amazing YouTube videos to try and resolve this issue, but wasn't able to do it.

    I use the Path Tool to make many of my cards and depend on on the shape being a ghost as I first occlude the image, and turning solid once I have connected the dots and am done making the shape.

    This seems to not be happening, but I saw it working in his version of the add-on in his The Masks Editor (advanced) video around the 1:15 time mark. Am I doing something wrong?

    Thank you!!

  2. 122 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 06 Jul, 2017 09:55 AM

    Fin Thiessen's Avatar

    Hi

    Is there a way to rotate images with this addon? Or is there maybe a other addon existing which can rotate images?
    Thanks!

  3. 123 Posted by neel patel on 06 Jul, 2017 01:57 PM

    neel patel's Avatar

    Sincerely,
    Neel Patel

  4. 124 Posted by GT on 19 Jul, 2017 05:20 PM

    GT's Avatar

    Thanks so much for this. Super helpful. Could you add a feature to use ctrl + click to select multiple occlusion boxes? This would make it much easier to group together occlusions.

  5. 125 Posted by Glutanimate on 21 Jul, 2017 05:07 PM

    Glutanimate's Avatar

    @Fin:

    No, but I'm currently working on an add-on that will provide some simple image editing capabilities (though as a side-feature rather than its main selling point). No ETA, yet, I'm afraid.

    @Neel:

    I'm sorry, but I can't see your message. Where you trying to ask something?

    @GT:

    You can select multiple shapes by holding down shift and left-clicking on them. See here for an overview of all the relevant controls.

  6. 126 Posted by Ankit Dama on 27 Jul, 2017 11:31 AM

    Ankit Dama's Avatar

    hey glutanimate
    please help me regarding my post
    its about multiple choice add on
    I have tried a lot but its isn't working
    please tell me step by step what should be done

  7. 127 Posted by KC on 31 Jul, 2017 10:39 PM

    KC's Avatar

    Hi! I'd love to give this add-on a try, but every time I try to install it (and I've tried on 2 computers, now), I get an error (see attached) and can't install the add-on. Any idea what's causing the error? Thanks!

  8. 128 Posted by Ankit Dama on 01 Aug, 2017 06:49 AM

    Ankit Dama's Avatar

    You may uninstall your add-ons one by try and try installing this addon,
    this might work

  9. 129 Posted by Glutanimate on 01 Aug, 2017 09:33 AM

    Glutanimate's Avatar

    @KC:

    I am pretty sure this is a general issue with your Anki installation. If you download another add-on you will most likely see the same message. My advice would be to post a new thread in the general support section. Damien and the other Anki team members should be able to help you figure this out.

  10. 130 Posted by Nick on 06 Aug, 2017 06:29 AM

    Nick's Avatar

    Hi, hope this doesn't come off as too easy a problem but I'm not super savvy at this and am looking to maximize my efficiency.

    With this add-on in the instructional videos the "rectangle" tool used to block out labels on an image cleanly removes all tags. However, in my SVG-Edit i can only drag actual rectangles over the labels and they show up with borders on my final image in anki. How are you able to block out labels without actually adding the rectangle into the final image?

  11. 131 Posted by Glutanimate on 07 Aug, 2017 03:14 PM

    Glutanimate's Avatar

    Hi Nick,

    you were likely watching a tutorial on Image Occlusion 2.0. With Image Occlusion Enhanced the borders are always present. Please see here for why that is, including a way to change this default behavior (if you are code-savvy).

  12. 132 Posted by Jonathan on 10 Aug, 2017 07:27 PM

    Jonathan's Avatar

    Hello,

    Firstly, I love image occlusion. I've been using it for a few years now and will never go back. That being said, I think I'm running into issues with iOS version. I mostly study on my iPad so it's kind of a bummer that IO cards have this bug on my iPad/iPhone.

    Problem: Whenever I view my old IO cards, every single blank box/mask is white, and for some reason the red color (on the box I'm supposed to be guessing) is gone. So a lot of the time I'm running into cards with several white boxes and I have no idea which one I'm supposed to guess (whereas previously there was always at least one red box). When I click on the answer it does reveal the answer correctly, just that the red color is gone.

    My Progress: I was originally using IO 2.0 so I went ahead and upgraded one of my decks to IO Enhanced (per instructions). I also saw that there was a fix/tool for repairing old SVG edit cards that messed up d/t some iOS update... and I tried that but was hit with a Runtime error R6034 after I clicked on the "fix image occlusion cards" exe file that I pasted into collection.media folder. I don't care to edit my old cards, per se, but I want to get my old red boxes back when I'm studying my old cards. Also, on my computer the red boxes are still there and things seem to be working just fine. The problem is all when I'm reviewing on my phone or ipad.

    Question: where do I go from here? I'm not that tech-savvy so I can't do much in the way of codes, but I'm pretty good at following instructions.

    Thank you!

  13. 133 Posted by Glutanimate on 10 Aug, 2017 07:35 PM

    Glutanimate's Avatar

    @Jonathan:

    Please give the "Fix Old Image Occlusion 2.0 Cards" add-on a try: https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1048682320

  14. 134 Posted by Jonathan on 10 Aug, 2017 07:50 PM

    Jonathan's Avatar

    So I just downloaded and ran it and it said it fixed about 1200/2000 of my cards, but i went back and checked and I'm still having the same issue. See pics -

  15. 135 Posted by Glutanimate on 10 Aug, 2017 07:55 PM

    Glutanimate's Avatar

    @ Jonathan:

    Did the media synchronize properly? Anki is not capable of detecting changes to existing media files without a media file being added or removed from the collection. You could either try creating a new card with a new image on it, or you could try using the Refresh Media References add-on. Both should force Anki to synchronize the modified files on the next sync. After performing the sync on the desktop, and then synchronizing these changes to your iOS device, make sure to restart the Anki app for the changes to become visible.

  16. 136 Posted by Jonathan on 10 Aug, 2017 08:08 PM

    Jonathan's Avatar

    OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!! You're right, it didn't sync properly and after downloading that extra add-on it synced the ~1200 cards the original fix had changed. I hope this has fixed all of them, but so far the cards I've seen are now showing me the red box on my ipad!! Thank you so much!!! I'll go ahead and back-up this version of my decks. THANK YOU!!

  17. 137 Posted by Glutanimate on 10 Aug, 2017 08:18 PM

    Glutanimate's Avatar

    You're very welcome!. Glad things are working again.

  18. 138 Posted by AnkiUser on 19 Aug, 2017 06:47 PM

    AnkiUser's Avatar

    Hi,
    This was a very helpful add-on for me. I have 2 questions however.

    Is it possible to add text permanently from inside the add-on, and then cover it with the occlusion rectangle? There is a button to add text, but it adds text onto a single flash card only. (In other words, instead of editing the image in Paint/Photoshop, I would like to add text directly in IOE)

    When you go to Tools -> Check Media, which is supposed to find unused/duplicate images, Anki shows a really long list, which, I assume, includes all of my images used in image occlusion. I have not tried deleting them out of the fear of losing my flash cards. Does anyone know if the images shown in the 'Check media' box are truly duplicates and can be deleted?

  19. 139 Posted by AnkiUser on 19 Aug, 2017 11:02 PM

    AnkiUser's Avatar

    Oh never mind the first question, just found your tutorial on youtube :-) Thanks!!

  20. 140 Posted by Soren on 22 Sep, 2017 02:33 PM

    Soren's Avatar

    When I add cards (hide all reveal 1) it adds two cards for every occlusion - one is correct and the other does nothing. For this example I made 3 occlusions. It made 3 correct cards, but then 3 additional cards where they are all occluded in green, and the answer side still has all 3 occluded. I tried reinstalling the add-on, but no dice/

  21. 141 Posted by S. Patel on 22 Sep, 2017 07:26 PM

    S. Patel's Avatar

    I am currently running the newest version of IO enhanced. I am currently sharing decks with others who are also running IO enhanced and I am not able to edit the IO cards that they are making. I get the message that says "can only edit cards with IO enhanced note type." The cards I am trying to edit, however, are made with IO enhanced. Can you offer any insight to this problem?

    Thanks,
    SK Patel

  22. 142 Posted by Glutanimate on 22 Sep, 2017 08:42 PM

    Glutanimate's Avatar

    @Soren:

    I think I might have already answered on Reddit, but just for posterity's sake and in case other users are facing the same issue:

    This is a long-standing issue with the masks editor that I've fixed in the current development build. The fix will be available with the next major add-on release. For more information on this issue and potential workarounds until that point please see here: https://github.com/glutanimate/image-occlusion-enhanced/wiki/Troubl...

    @SK:

    The add-on uses the name of your note types to tell whether it's dealing with an image occlusion note or a different note type. When importing notes from other users Anki automatically appends a random string to note types in order to prevent them from overwriting local changes that you might have performed to your templates. With that random string appended, the add-on no longer recognizes the notes as its own, thus resulting in this error message.

    In the future I'd like to make the note type detection less strict, but for now what you'll have to do is to either rename the imported note type to "Image Occlusion Enhanced", or change the note type of the cards in question to "Image Occlusion Enhanced" using the card browser.

  23. 143 Posted by SK Patel on 23 Sep, 2017 06:44 PM

    SK Patel's Avatar

    Okay, awesome! I went into the tools --> manage note type --> and saw there
    was only two other randomly appended note types with the prefix "Image
    Occlusion Enhanced" followed by a string of random characters. I renamed
    those both to "Image Occlusion Enhanced" and it seems to have taken care of
    the issue. Do you think this could have any possible adverse effects on my
    library?

  24. 144 Posted by Mackenzie on 25 Sep, 2017 02:45 AM

    Mackenzie's Avatar

    Hello. I just started using Anki and Image Occlusion 2.0. I created my first deck on my computer, but when I synced and tried to use it on my "AnkiDroid" the images are not appearing. It is just a blank card/note! It works perfectly on my computer, but I am having trouble getting it to work on my phone. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

  25. 145 Posted by Glutanimate on 26 Sep, 2017 04:24 AM

    Glutanimate's Avatar

    @SK Patel:

    You should be fine for the time being, although it would probably be safer in the long run if you consolidated all of your duplicate note types into one single "Image Occlusion Enhanced" type. I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think remember reading that with Anki 2.1 note type names will have to be unique. So you might have to do this either way once Anki 2.1 comes out

    @ Mackenzie:

    Hi. Welcome to Anki and Image Occlusion!

    Are you sure your phone synchronized all of your data correctly? If you have a lot of media files it usually takes a while for them to transfer between devices. So if the synchronization only took a few seconds that might indicate that AnkiDroid isn't downloading the files correctly.

    Either way, in all likelihood this is a general issue with Anki or AnkiDroid and so my advice in this case would be to check out this help section and see if the suggestions there help.

  26. 146 Posted by Ankit Dama on 26 Sep, 2017 07:51 AM

    Ankit Dama's Avatar
    I don't think so





    Sent from OPPO Mail
    On SK Patel <[email blocked]>, Sep 24, 2017 12:14 AM wrote:
    pre { width: 92%; margin: 10px 2%; padding: 5px 2%; background: #efefef; border: 1px solid #d6d6d6 } blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1em; border-left: 5px solid #ccc; }

    // Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

    From: SK Patel

    Okay, awesome! I went into the tools --> manage note type --> and saw there
    was only two other randomly appended note types with the prefix "Image
    Occlusion Enhanced" followed by a string of random characters. I renamed
    those both to "Image Occlusion Enhanced" and it seems to have taken care of
    the issue. Do you think this could have any possible adverse effects on my
    library?

    On Fri, Sep 22 at 01:42 PM PDT, Glutanimate wrote:

    @Soren:

    I think I might have already answered on Reddit, but just for posterity's sake and in case other users are facing the same issue:

    This is a long-standing issue with the masks editor that I've fixed in the current development build. The fix will be available with the next major add-on release. For more information on this issue and potential workarounds until that point please see here: https://github.com/glutanimate/image-occlusion-enhanced/wiki/Troubl...

    @SK:

    The add-on uses the name of your note types to tell whether it's dealing with an image occlusion note or a different note type. When importing notes from other users Anki automatically appends a random string to note types in order to prevent them from overwriting local changes that you might have performed to your templates. With that random string appended, the add-on no longer recognizes the notes as its own, thus resulting in this error message.

    In the future I'd like to make the note type detection less strict, but for now what you'll have to do is to either rename the imported note type to "Image Occlusion Enhanced", or change the note type of the cards in question to "Image Occlusion Enhanced" using the card browser.

    Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Image Occlusion Enhanced [Official thread].

    To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from http://help.ankiweb.net, visit this page

  27. 147 Posted by Ankit Dama on 26 Sep, 2017 07:52 AM

    Ankit Dama's Avatar
    if it occurs then reverse the changes





    Sent from OPPO Mail
    On SK Patel <[email blocked]>, Sep 24, 2017 12:14 AM wrote:
    pre { width: 92%; margin: 10px 2%; padding: 5px 2%; background: #efefef; border: 1px solid #d6d6d6 } blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1em; border-left: 5px solid #ccc; }

    // Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

    From: SK Patel

    Okay, awesome! I went into the tools --> manage note type --> and saw there
    was only two other randomly appended note types with the prefix "Image
    Occlusion Enhanced" followed by a string of random characters. I renamed
    those both to "Image Occlusion Enhanced" and it seems to have taken care of
    the issue. Do you think this could have any possible adverse effects on my
    library?

    On Fri, Sep 22 at 01:42 PM PDT, Glutanimate wrote:

    @Soren:

    I think I might have already answered on Reddit, but just for posterity's sake and in case other users are facing the same issue:

    This is a long-standing issue with the masks editor that I've fixed in the current development build. The fix will be available with the next major add-on release. For more information on this issue and potential workarounds until that point please see here: https://github.com/glutanimate/image-occlusion-enhanced/wiki/Troubl...

    @SK:

    The add-on uses the name of your note types to tell whether it's dealing with an image occlusion note or a different note type. When importing notes from other users Anki automatically appends a random string to note types in order to prevent them from overwriting local changes that you might have performed to your templates. With that random string appended, the add-on no longer recognizes the notes as its own, thus resulting in this error message.

    In the future I'd like to make the note type detection less strict, but for now what you'll have to do is to either rename the imported note type to "Image Occlusion Enhanced", or change the note type of the cards in question to "Image Occlusion Enhanced" using the card browser.

    Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Image Occlusion Enhanced [Official thread].

    To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from http://help.ankiweb.net, visit this page

  28. 148 Posted by Mackenzie on 26 Sep, 2017 05:53 PM

    Mackenzie's Avatar

    @glutanimate You were right! My media files hadn't synced completely. Now that they are synced, the flash cards work great. Thank you!

  29. 149 Posted by Mackenzie Jones on 26 Sep, 2017 05:54 PM

    Mackenzie Jones's Avatar

    Sent from Mail for Windows 10

    From: Ankit Dama
    Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 3:52 AM
    To: [email blocked]
    Subject: Re: Image Occlusion Enhanced [Official thread] [Add-ons #8295]

    // Please reply above this line
    ==================================================
    From: Ankit Dama
    if it occurs then reverse the changes

    Sent from OPPO Mail
    On SK Patel <[email blocked]>, Sep 24, 2017 12:14 AM wrote:
    pre { width: 92%; margin: 10px 2%; padding: 5px 2%; background: #efefef; border: 1px solid #d6d6d6 } blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1em; border-left: 5px solid #ccc; }
    // Please reply above this line
    ==================================================
    From: SK Patel
    Okay, awesome! I went into the tools --> manage note type --> and saw there
    was only two other randomly appended note types with the prefix "Image
    Occlusion Enhanced" followed by a string of random characters. I renamed
    those both to "Image Occlusion Enhanced" and it seems to have taken care of
    the issue. Do you think this could have any possible adverse effects on my
    library?
    On Fri, Sep 22 at 01:42 PM PDT, Glutanimate wrote:
    @Soren:
    I think I might have already answered on Reddit, but just for posterity's sake and in case other users are facing the same issue:
    This is a long-standing issue with the masks editor that I've fixed in the current development build. The fix will be available with the next major add-on release. For more information on this issue and potential workarounds until that point please see here: https://github.com/glutanimate/image-occlusion-enhanced/wiki/Troubl...
    @SK:
    The add-on uses the name of your note types to tell whether it's dealing with an image occlusion note or a different note type. When importing notes from other users Anki automatically appends a random string to note types in order to prevent them from overwriting local changes that you might have performed to your templates. With that random string appended, the add-on no longer recognizes the notes as its own, thus resulting in this error message.
    In the future I'd like to make the note type detection less strict, but for now what you'll have to do is to either rename the imported note type to "Image Occlusion Enhanced", or change the note type of the cards in question to "Image Occlusion Enhanced" using the card browser.
    Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Image Occlusion Enhanced [Official thread].
    To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from http://help.ankiweb.net, visit this page
    On Tue, Sep 26 at 12:51 AM PDT, Ankit Dama wrote:
    I don't think so

    Sent from OPPO Mail
    On SK Patel <[email blocked]>, Sep 24, 2017 12:14 AM wrote:
    pre { width: 92%; margin: 10px 2%; padding: 5px 2%; background: #efefef; border: 1px solid #d6d6d6 } blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1em; border-left: 5px solid #ccc; }

  30. 150 Posted by Rahul Varghese on 08 Oct, 2017 06:06 PM

    Rahul Varghese's Avatar

    Hello,

    I've been using Image Occlusion Enhanced for about a month now and it's been fantastic. I just recently updated to MacOS High Sierra and the option to add rectangles in the Editor mode has been extremely glitchy. I just wanted to know if this was an issue others have been having and if there were any fixes that I could try besides downgrading to the old Mac OS. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac